My name is Carole Johnson, I was born in Staffordshire, England, daughter of Sidney Leslie Chittem (1918-1966) and Audrey Elizabeth Longstaff- (1925-2012)
I married John George Johnson (1942-1979) and have 4 children, 7 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren.
I have been researching my own family history since the early 1990's and have helped many other people with their own family history.
I look forward to receiving your help when needed and hope I can be equally as helpful to other researchers and this great Wikitree project.
Among my own family interests are:- BLAKEMAN, BLENKINSOP, BOWRON, CHENHALL, CHITTEM, COCKBURN, DIXON, ERRINGTON, HERD, JOHNSON, LONGSTAFF, LAWSON, LONGSTAFFE, PARSONS, PEARS, POMEROY, RENWICK, SAYER, SHELLEY, TEMPLETON, TONKS, TOOTH, WALKER, WATSON.
I have transcribed George Blundell Longstaff's magnificent book, "The Langstaffs of Teesdale and Weardale," which you can find on my website at:-
Please also check out the above website for orphan photographs of U.K. ancestors, mostly Cumbrian, uploaded from my old Photograph Album Collection.
Some photo's are complete with names and small pedigrees connected to them.
There are approximately 14,500 individuals in my Longstaff Linking Project, and 8, 500 Ancestors and Relatives in my own Family Tree, so hopefully I can help connect some missing links.
Profile created by Carole Johnson
- Carole's formal name
- full middle name (A.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- personal memories about Carole (1)
- images (6)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
- autosomal DNA test connections
Carole is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- John (BOLDRON) BOWRON is my 10th great grandfather, born 9 Apr. 1672 in Cotherstone, Yorkshire, England.He links to my Longstaff family and is mentioned in George Blundell Longstaff's Book, "The Longstaffs of Teesdale and Weardale," as the preacher who converted Ann Newby.
- This branch, for me, begins with my father, Sidney Leslie Chittem. My father's family roots are to be found in Coventry and Stafford, England.
- I am hoping to be of help where a profile needs DB correction or cleaning, etc..
- The Erringtons of Northumberland are a branch of my husbands maternal line via his 3rd great grandmother, Jane Errington, wife of Joseph Renwick. See Errington of Nether Ardley in the book, " A History of Northumberland, " Volume 4.
- Johnson of County Durham and Whitfield, Hexham, Northumberland, England.
- Lawson of Upperby and Upper Denton, Carlisle, England
- LONGSTAFF ONE NAME STUDY Longstaff is my mothers maiden name. I am researching the Longstaffs of Romaldkirk and Bowes.
- My Pears family begins with my well beloved maternal grandmother, Margaret Pears. My Pears family are to be found in Carlisle, Northumberland and Yorkshire, England
- Ancestors of my son in law and grandchildren .
- My own interests are with the ancestors of the Shelley, Longstaffe and Pomeroy families and their extended Royal and Noble lineages. I hope I can help with yours!
- In 1660, Thomas Spark, Thomas Williamson, Anthony Watson, my 9x great grandfather, Robert Watson and nineteen others, all of Allendale, held a Meeting of Friends at New Shield. They were taken by William Errington, a papist justice and other papists,to Hexham, and confined in a foul smelling dungeon for several weeks where the gaoler would not suffer anything to come to them and walled up the window. They were then taken to Morpeth gaol, and imprisoned until the kings proclamation.
- Renwick of Gateshead and Northumberland, England
- The maiden name of my grandmother, Ellen Hannah Shelley of Staffordshire .
- Great Grandparents with unknown Irish Roots. They came to England from Ireland circa 1800 and settled in Upperby Carlisle.
- Carole Johnson is a Wonderful WikiTreer Jul 27, 2018.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Carole. (Best for comments to Carole that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Carole that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 14 Sep 2018 at 22:19 GMT Catherine (Byrnes) Stokes wrote:
On 12 Jul 2018 at 22:14 GMT Ron Levagood wrote:
On 22 Jun 2018 at 05:30 GMT Dorothy Barry wrote:
On 21 Jun 2018 at 12:58 GMT Ron Campbell wrote:
If you have the opportunity, please research George Washington Campbell-28049 as a possible first husband of Loretta Elvira Sanderson-2591
Thanks for all you do, Ron J. Campbell
On 21 Jun 2018 at 12:48 GMT A Gott wrote:
On 20 Jun 2018 at 16:13 GMT Gail Keating wrote:
On 18 Apr 2018 at 14:45 GMT Sue Hall wrote:
On 17 Jan 2018 at 12:05 GMT Joe Bissett Jr. wrote:
On 10 Jan 2018 at 18:19 GMT Brigit Bowron wrote:
On 7 Jan 2018 at 10:11 GMT Brigit Bowron wrote: