- Edward Church's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Mayflower Births and Deaths, Vol.1 &2 Mayflower Births and Deaths,
- Name: Edward Church
- Birth Date: 22 Feb 1706
- Death Date: Aug 1761
- Relationship: Child
- Father: John Church
- Mother: Rebecca
- Household Members: Name Relation
- John Church Self (Head)
- Rebecca Wife
- William Church Child
- John Church Child
- Mary Church Child
- Elizabeth Church Child
- Benjamin Church Child
- Rebecca Church Child
- Edward Church Child
- Sarah Church Child
- Source Information:Ancestry.com. Mayflower Births and Deaths, Vol. 1 and 2 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors.
- Original data: Roser, Susan E. Mayflower Births and Deaths: From the Files of George Ernest Bowman at the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants. Volumes 1 & 2. Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., 1992.
- @N2106@ NOTEEdward's father, Edward was a grantee at Falmouth, NS at the founding of that township in 1761; Grace Shaw, the 1st wife of Edward was a sister of Peter Shaw who was also one of the original grantees at Falmouth, NS in 1761; Richard Church of Hingham, Mass and Little Compton, RI died in 1668, his wife was Elizabeth Warren dau. of Richard Warren who came to America in 1620 as one of the passengers of the Mayflower; Edward Church (1745 - 1801) was one of the original grantees at Newport Township in the Crown grant dated 21 July 1761, He drew Newport Farm lot B 2nd Div. No. 1 jointly with Jonathan Card on 18 Feb, 1762; it is not known whether he lived on his Newport properties since he became a tenant farmer of a 124 acre farm atWindsor, NS on 31 Dec. 1766, a farm which had been purchased by Michael Francklin (Lt.-Gov. of Nova Scotia) in 1765 from Isaac Deschamps; in 1784 Edward and Henry Scott jointly bought a large part of the remaining grant land of Joshua Mauger in Windsor, NS part of which became the Tetreat Farm; on 25 Oct 1798 Edward Church bought Retreat Farm at auction from Henry Scott's estate; Edward Church was listed in the 1794 Windsor assessment as a farmer having 7 cows, 6oxen, 4 horses and 40 sheep and paid 6 shillings and 11 pence; Edward had sold his Newport properties before 1772; Edward's will was provenat Windsor, NS on 5 Oct. 1802 (HCFP 62A)
This person was created through the import of Dickinson Family Tree.ged on 31 March 2011.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Edward by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Edward is 14 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 9 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 21 degrees from Ayn Rand, 17 degrees from Peter Roberts and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.