William Clarke was born in 1566 in probably Essex, England.(1) At this time his parents are unconfirmed. From the birth of his children through his death his residence is documented as Little Bromley & Great Bromley, Essex, England (3,4,5,6)
In 1591 he married Margaret Hadlock, born 1570.(1) They had the following known children:
Yeoman William Clarke died sometime in 1632. His Will is preserved in the Essex, England Records Office at Chelmsford.(6) He was buried before 12 Jul 1632. (ref_)
(1) "William Clarke Birth & Marriage taken from: William Clark, birth 1566; Spouse Margaret Hadlock, birth 1570."; Marriage Yr 1591; England. US & International Marriage Records.
(2) "William son of William Clarke bap 18 Apr 1593, Little Bromley, Essex, England." England, Essex Parish Registers, 1503-1997. William Clarke, 18 Apr 1593, Christening; citing , Little Bromley, Essex, England, Record Office, Chelmsford; FHL microfilm 571,178.
(3) "William's daughter Joan Clarke b. 1596." North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000; Lowe: The Ancestors of the John Lowe Family Circle and their descendants; pg. 150; Ancestors of Betsey Fairbanks Stone, wf. of Oliver Taylor:
(4) "William & Margaret Clarke daughter Margaret baptised 30 Oct 1598 at Little Bromley, Essex, England." England Select Essex Parish Registers, 1538-1900.
(5) "William's son Miles Clerke bap. 1 Dec 1607, Little Bromley, Essex, England." England, Select Essex Parish Registers, 1538-1900.
(6) "William Clarke, Yeoman Death: Yr 1632 Clarke, William, Yeo., Gr. Bromley." US Extracted Probate Records, 1269-1975; Collections: Essex, Hertfordshire: Chelmsford-Wills 1620-1720; Index to Wills Now Preserved in the Essex Record Office of Chelmsford; Chapter: 1620-1720; Text: 1632 Clarke, William, Yeo., Gr. Bromley 251 CW 11
Sources 1,3,4,5,6 obtained online in image and/or electronic transcription record source thru: [www.Ancestry.com].
Other sources which may or may not be applicable: England, Essex Parish Registers, 1503-1997," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XK85-GZ:12 December 2014), William Clarke, 06 Jan 1577, Christening; citing Shalford, Essex, England, Record Office, Chelmsford; FHL microfilm 1,472,680.
This person was created through the import of Acrossthepond.ged on 21 February 2011. grant2.ged imported on 07 February 2011.
Additional sourcing and bio by ancestor [Johnson-43462]. Please feel free to upgrade the current format or add additional sources. Thank you for your help.
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
On 8 Feb 2019 at 11:38 GMT Gillian Thomas wrote:
On 5 Feb 2019 at 23:34 GMT Gillian Thomas wrote:
On 12 Aug 2017 at 20:06 GMT Jamie Handy wrote: