Grandfather of Mark Twain
1.Samuel B. Clemens (1770-1805) M. Parmelia Goggins (1775-1844)
2. John Marshall Clemens (1798-1847) M. Jane Lampton (1803-1890)
3. Samuel Langhorne Clemens (1835-1910)
2. Elizabeth Moore Clemens (1801-1887) m. John Nichols Pollard (1792-1875)
3, Sarah Pleasant Pollard (1843-1881) m. Henry Clay Ballard (1840-c.1900)
4. Ella Mortimer Ballard (1865-1926) m. Thomas Reade Corr (1863-1950)
5. Helen Pleasant Corr (1905-1995) m. Franklin Demetrius Peters (1899-1930)
6. Helen Elizabeth Peters (1924- ) m. George Brandon Emerson (1918- )
7. George Franklin (Frank) Emerson
Source: Essex Genealogist, August 1999, pg. 139-142 MARK TWAIN and his Connection to the Clemens and Emersons of Haverhill By Frank Emerson (67 Webster Street, Haverhill, MA http://www.twainweb.net/filelist/mark_twain_ancestry.pdf
Samuel was a father of five children with wife, Pamela. Samuel was a grandfather to Samuel L. Clemens, who was his namesake. In 1805, he died young, in an accident while a house was being constructed.
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
This person was created on 27 March 2011 through the import of fitzmaster032511.ged.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at MyHeritage DNA.
On 3 Apr 2014 at 01:00 GMT Sandy Culver wrote:
Samuel is 17 degrees from Charles Darwin, 16 degrees from Amelia Earhart, 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor and 20 degrees from Gilly Wood on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.