- Alexander Cleveland's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
The problem with the Alexander / Roger Cleveland lineage of Virginia has been studied for many years by Cleveland genealogists. There is no guaranteed lineage for this family after 1780. Reliance on family trees on the internet and Ancestry, even this one, is very sketchy as there is just not enough sources to verify these claims. What is ascertained is that ROGER CLEVELAND is the immigrant from England for the Clevelands of Blue Run, Virginia.
"The genealogy of the Cleveland and Cleaveland families. An attempt to trace, in both the male and female lines, the posterity of Moses Cleveland ... [and of Alexander Cleveland ... with numerous biographical sketches; and containing ancestries of many of the husbands and wives, also a bibliography of the Cleveland family and a genealogical account of Edward Winn of Woburn, and of other Winn families"]
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Alexander's ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Maggie N. and Mary Murdock. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 10 Mar 2016 at 19:25 GMT Karen (McWhorter) Wilhelm wrote: