Categories: The Dutch Cape Colony 1652-1806.
||Elsje (Cloeten) van der Merwe was part of the settlement of the Dutch Cape Colony.|
Join: Cape of Good Hope - Kaap de Goede Hoop (1652-1806) Project
- b1 
- Arrival / Aankoms: Sy, haar moeder en broer Gerrit, het vanaf Cologne, Duitsland vertrek na Vlie van waar hulle op Dinsdag, 22 Oktober 1658 op die skip Arnhem onder bevel van kaptein Jan Timonse na die Kaap vertrek. Hulle land op Sondag, 16 Maart 1659 in Tafelbaai. Die skip het as deel van 'n vloot van ses skepe, onder bevel van Adriaan van Almonde, geseil. 
- Date: 1659 
- Arrived at the Cape together with her mother and brother in 1659. 
- WikiTree profile Klauten-2 through the import of Vermaak Family Site - 05 May 2013.GED on May 5, 2013 by Dina Vermaak.
- Source: Author: Johannes Christoffel Fourie Title: Fourie Web Site Text: MyHeritage.com Family tree: Jacques (Jacobus) Fourie Page: Elsje Jacobs Cloete
- This person was created through the import of flakey (3).ged on 18 April 2011 by Anton Bergh. Ancestral File Number: 8K9R-CF
- WikiTree profile Cloete-47 created through the import of wikitree upload.ged on Jul 19, 2012 by Arrie Klopper. User ID: 19AE8C86F9FCB149BD64FD5D5A456084C611 Prior to import, this record was last changed 12 Oct 2011.
- WikiTree profile Cloete-53 created through the import of Ancestors_DippenaarAndre_noinfo.GED on Oct 23, 2012 by Andrew Dippenaar. Record ID Number: MH:I403 : User ID: 0799E44F-1D15-4622-8166-912FADE23CAD : UPD 08 DEC 2011 22:13:13 GMT+2
- WikiTree profile Cloete-151 created on 12 Dec 13 by Thinus Janse van Rensburg.
- First-hand information as remembered by Johan Smit, Friday, January 16, 2015. (Replace this citation unless you witnessed the birth or other event.)
- Source: Gedcom File Michael Bryan - firstname.lastname@example.org 11/03/2007 28 AUG 2012 Added by C Waller on Feb 23, 2016.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 18 April 2011 by Anton Bergh.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Dina Vermaak May 5, 2013.
- ↑ Entered by Jannie van der Merwe, Feb 11, 2013.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Oct 23, 2012 by Andrew Dippenaar.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Entered by Thinus Janse van Rensburg, Thursday, December 12, 2013.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Entered by Pieter Meyer , Mar 20, 2013
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Anonymous Delport Jul 28, 2013.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 Stefan Steyn Jun 11, 2014.
- ↑ The Genealogical Society of South Africa: eGSSA branch, South African Records Transcribed. A selection of historical records transcriptions, Nederduits Gereformeerde Gemeente (NGK), Stellenbosch, page 75 accessed April 16, 2015.Repository: NG Kerkargief, Noordwal-Wes, Stellenbosch, G2 4/1. Transcribed by Ockert Malan, Lorna Newcomb and others. This transcription has been made from photographs of the Cape Archives Verbatim copies document VC 603 - Cape Town baptisms, memberships and marriages 1665-1695, which is a photocopy the original register, now housed in the Nederduits Gereformeerde Kerkargief, Noordwal-Wes, Stellenbosch, as G1-1/1. This photocopy was made for the Sciences Research Council (HSRC) and a copy was donated to the South African Archives, a copy going to the Cape Town Repository (VC series) and to the Pretoria Repository (where it is part of the FC series).The marriages cover pages 75 through 91 of this register.Seen and added Jan 28, 2015 by Susanna de Bruyn.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 April 16 2015 by Susanna de Bruyn
- ↑ Entered by Anonymous van der Merwe, Jun 23, 2011
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Elsje by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Thinus Janse van Rensburg : Family Tree DNA mtDNA Test Full Sequence, haplogroup J1c2c1, Mitosearch PVXNZ, FTDNA kit #310397
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 23 Feb 2016 at 23:14 GMT Ronel (van Heerden) Olivier wrote:
On 26 Feb 2015 at 05:15 GMT Philip van der Walt wrote:
On 26 Feb 2015 at 05:13 GMT Philip van der Walt wrote:
On 18 Feb 2014 at 05:17 GMT Philip van der Walt wrote:
On 18 Feb 2014 at 05:15 GMT Philip van der Walt wrote:
Elsje is 26 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 22 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 30 degrees from Ayn Rand, 25 degrees from Peter Roberts and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.