Samuel was born in 1824. Samuel Clymer ... He passed away in 1853.
Note (Needs rewriting): "Samuel was a Presbyterian minister and also taught school to provide for his wife and five children. They lived near Benton Ridge, Ohio, where Emelia operated an inn and post office. In a letter to his brother, Albert, Samuel speaks of having sold some farm acreage, but also mentions poverty as a major problem. He died of pneumonia 1 September 1853, after having been married only nine years. He was buried in the Clymer Cemetery, Hancock County, Ohio, with a simple stone, "S Clymer, died September 1, 1853 28y 9mo 13da" marking his resting place. After Samuel's death, Emelia and the children migrated to Kansas with her parents in 1859. Samuel appears to have been an intellectual rather than a hardy outdoorsman. "
- ↑ Note at the top of his FamilySearch profile
- Paternal relationship is confirmed by a triangulated group on 23AndMe consisting of Cindy Vincens GEDmatch M280350, Anonymous, Anonymous, and Anonymous sharing a 15 cM segment on chromosome 1 from around 111000000 to around 145000000.
- "Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X8F8-HJL : accessed 12 January 2016), Samuel Clymer and Emelia Downing, 31 Dec 1845; citing Hancock, Ohio, United States, reference p 9 cn 45; county courthouses, Ohio; FHL microfilm 1,299,131.
- "Find A Grave Index," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/QV2L-3GQG : accessed 12 January 2016), Samuel Clymer, 1853; Burial, Morley, Jones, Iowa, United States of America, Green Center Cemetery; citing record ID 75174368, Find a Grave, http://www.findagrave.com.
- "United States Census, 1850," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MXQC-BM2 : accessed 12 January 2016), Saml Clymer, Union, Hancock, Ohio, United States; citing family 143, NARA microfilm publication M432 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- FamilySearch Family Tree (MyHeritage), https://www.myheritage.com/research/collection-40001/familysearch-family-tree?s=319325891&itemId=488608286&action=showRecord.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Samuel by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Samuel:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 2 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Samuel is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 34 degrees from Charlotte Brontë, 20 degrees from Bob Keniston, 21 degrees from Ben Kingsley and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.