[private father (1950s - unknown)]
and [private mother (1950s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 15 Sep 2019
| Created 15 Aug 2016 | Last significant change: 15 Sep 2019
This page has been accessed 432 times.
Olin Coles was born in California on 24 August 1974. He was legally emancipated and living on his own at age 16, supporting himself throughout High School by working two jobs while also attending mandatory classes. Olin graduated and joined the United State Marine Corps, where he reached the rank of Sergeant. He would later operate his own business, and marry. At the time this profile was created, Olin was still a living person.
Olin's genealogical passion is the result of family suppression of history and records. After a decade of requesting a once-seen paternal family tree, he took to researching his own ancestry. Upon receiving the results of DNA testing, he was connected with and contacted distant relatives that pointed him towards historical resources. Within months, his family tree grew well beyond the dozen immediate family members he had known for forty years, thanks largely in part to the work done by related researchers Paul M. Crocker and William H. Coles, Jr. with their books Descendants of William Temple Coles III and William Temple Coles Family.. Most currently, Olin has confirmed relation to over 2500 relatives around the globe!
- ↑ "California Birth Index, 1905-1995," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VLSB-15M : 27 November 2014), Olin A Coles, 24 Aug 1974; citing San Bernardino, California, United States, Department of Health Services, Vital Statistics Department, Sacramento.
Name: Olin A Coles
Event Type: Birth
Event Date: 24 Aug 1974
Event Place: San Bernardino, California, United States
Mother's Name: Simonian
- ↑ Olin Coles, self.
- ↑ Descendants of William Temple Coles III. Compiled by Paul M. Crocker and William H. Coles, Jr. Nashville, Tennessee: Fields Publishing, 2010. ISBN: 978-1-57843-068-0
- ↑ William Temple Coles Family. Compiled by William H. Coles, Jr, Ronald Peyton Coles, and Paul M. Crocker. Nashville, Tennessee: Fields Publishing, 2010. ISBN: 978-1-57843-067-3
- The Coles Family of Virginia: Its Numerous Connections, From The Emigration To America To The Year 1915. New York, New York: William Bedford Coles, 1931. https://archive.org/details/colesfamilyofvir00cole
- William Temple Coles Family: From Ireland to North Carolina and Beyond. Compiled by William H. Coles, Jr, Ronald Peyton Coles, and Paul M. Crocker. Nashville, Tennessee: Fields Publishing, 2010. ISBN: 978-1-57843-067-3 https://www.familysearch.org/library/books/idurl/1/445289
- Descendants of William Temple Coles III. Compiled by Paul M. Crocker and William H. Coles, Jr. Nashville, Tennessee: Fields Publishing, 2010. ISBN: 978-1-57843-068-0 https://www.familysearch.org/library/books/idurl/1/448706
- The great migration begins : immigrants to New England, 1620-1633. Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995.
- Sketch of Edward Coles, Second Governor of Illinois, and of the Slavery Struggle of 1823-4. Washburne, Elihu Benjamin, 1816-1887, and Chicago Historical Society. Chicago: Jansen, McClurg, 1882. https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000277091
- Governor Edward Coles. Alvord, Clarence Walworth, 1868-1928. University of Illinois: 1920. http://www.familysearch.org/library/books/idurl/1/560001
- New York Genealogical And Biographical Record. Article: Matthias Harvye, A Very Public Man. Volume 123. Issue 1. Year 1992.
- The Genealogy of the Simonian, Abrahamian, Somarian, and Vartanian Families Beginning in Early 1700s in Ancient Armenia to Present. Compiled by Ann Vartanian Simonian. January 1991. https://archive.org/details/armenian-genealogy-simonian-abrahamian-somarian-vartanian
- Passenger manifest for SS Braga, departing Constantinople, Turkey on 9 February 1923 and arriving Ellis Island, New York on 6 March 1923. Line #22, 27, 28. The Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island Foundation.
- Passenger manifest for SS King Alexander, departing Piraeus, Greece on 11 June 1923 and arriving Ellis Island, New York on 1 July 1923. Line #5, 6, 7. The Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island Foundation.
- Passenger manifest for SS Madonna, departing Piraeus, Greece on 15 July 1923 and arriving Ellis Island, New York on 1 August 1923. Line #17. The Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island Foundation.
- Passenger manifest for SS De Grasse, departing Le Havre, France on 21 October 1925 and arriving Ellis Island, New York on 31 October 1925. Line #25, 26. The Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island Foundation.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Olin's formal name
- full middle name (A.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
For access to Olin Coles's full information you must be on Olin's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools