Categories: WikiTree Help
Joining the Community
1.) If you see that a family member has already created a profile for you, ask them to add your e-mail address to it. This will send you an invitation.
Free Benefits of Membership
- Create and edit an unlimited number of profiles.
- Add an unlimited number of photos and source images.
- Receive private messages without revealing an e-mail address.
- Invite an unlimited number of family members to privately share modern family history.
- Follow activity in up to 20 surnames.
- Attach your DNA test information to ancestor profiles and enjoy the growing range of features and benefits for genealogists who have taken DNA tests.
- Receive weekly e-mail updates with recent changes.
- View upcoming birthdays and wedding anniversaries for everyone in your family.
- Track all personal contributions and view detailed edit histories.
- Award and receive badges.
- Send family photos as e-cards.
- Limit surname index pages to display only family members.
- Coordinate family reunions, surname projects, events and just about anything else on an unlimited number of public or private web pages.
- Display ancestors and descendants in over a dozen of different family views.
- Use the Family List to see up to 29 generations on one page.
- Find a common ancestor with anyone else within 25 generations and name your relationship.
- Use advanced "FindMatches" and merging tools.
- Participate in projects.
- Have a user profile in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) forum.
- Export GEDCOMs for safe-keeping or to upload a family tree elsewhere.
- See almost no advertisements.
WikiTree's only source of revenue is advertising on public pages. Therefore we can only afford to provide these free services to genealogists who share our mission to grow a shared family tree that makes our genealogy free and accessible. See the Honor Code for our principles.
This page was last modified 09:25, 17 October 2016. This page has been accessed 606,988 times.