||Simon Corbet is a member of royalty, nobility or aristocracy in the British Isles.|
Join: British Isles Royals and Aristocrats 742-1499 Project
There are several Simon Corbets in a short time period suggesting that they may be duplicates:
- Simon Corbet, b. 1093, Caus Castle, Shropshire, son of Roger. No spouse or children.
- Simon Corbet, b. 1095, Caus Castle, Shropshire, son of Roger. Mother unknown, 4 siblings, no spouse, no children.
- Sir Simon Corbet, b. 1100, Wattlesborough, Shropshire, son of William Corbet. Has mother, 5 siblings, 2 spouses and 8 children.
- Simon Corbet, Lord of Pontesbury, b. 1125, Shropshire. No father, mother, spouse. 1 daughter.
Simon Corbet, Lord of Caus & Wattlesboro. 
Shown in the pedigree for Corbet of Wattlesborough & Moreton-Corbet* as "Simon of Pontesbury" ...
- * Attached herein
He was born about 1100 in Wattlesborough, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England 
He was the son of William CORBET,, Lord of Worthen & Wattlesboro, b. Abt 1080, Worthen, Forden, Shropshire, England and d. Aft 1136, Wattlesborough, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England (Age ~ 57 years) 
Further research is required on marriages to account for these facts:
- 1. His oldest son was born abt 1125, and if the son was legitimate, his parents would have been married by 1124.
- 2. In 1146 He married Margaret Brampton, born in Brampton in 1130, and died 1185 and currently linked as mother of Thomas and Robert.
- 3. No marriage date is specified for his marriage to Mawd, however, she was born 1153 in Wattlesborough and died 1185. She would not have married before the age of 15 (1168), and not before her predecessor died, also in 1185. She is currently linked as the mother of Richard.
He died after 1155 (aged about 56 years) at Caus Castle, Westbury, Shropshire, England. 
- Simon CORBET,, Lord of Pontesbury, b. Abt 1125, Pontesbury, Atcham, Shropshire, England, d. Bef 1165 (Age ~ 39 years)
- Thomas (Corbet) le Corbet , Lord of Wattlesboro, b. Abt 1135, Wattlesborough, Shropshire, England . Thomas the Pilgrim, Progenitor of the line of Moreton-Corbet. 
Also connected via WikiTree:
- Unknown (Corbet) Jerwerth. Daughter, b. Pontesbury 1147 , m. Jerwerth. (Would this possibly be a Welshman named Iorwerth?)
- Robert Corbet , b . Pontesbury 1151 , 4th Baron of Caus, ob 1222, m. Emma Pantulf, b. 1168, m. at Wenn 1180. 
- William (Corbet) le Corbet, b. Pontesbury 1153  Priest. 
- Hugh (Corbet) le Corbet , b. Pontesbury 1155 Priest. 
- Walter (Corbet) le Corbet b. Pontesbury 1157Priest. 
- Sir Roger (Corbet) le Corbet b. Pontesbury 1159 of Chedderly-Corbet, living 1216, ob s. p. m. Hawise Folliot, ob. s.p. 
- Philip Corbet b. Pontesbury 1161
- Richard Corbet b. Caus 1179, m. Emma Pantulf. 
- ↑ The Family Corbet, Corbet, A. E., (Name: The St. Catherine Press; Location: London, Eng.; Date: 1915;), Vol. 1, p. 52, 53 ped. chart. Cited by Medieval Roots: Darrell & Ruth McGowen's Family History & Ancestry. http://www.medievalroots.com/getperson.php?personID=I10194&tree=tree1b. Accessed January 16, 2016
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Phillips, Weber, Kirk & Stagg Families etc, Weber, J., (Name: RootsWeb; Location: Online; Date: 2015 accessed;), WorldConnect Project. Cited by Medieval Roots: Darrell & Ruth McGowen's Family History & Ancestry. http://www.medievalroots.com/getperson.php?personID=I10194&tree=tree1b. Accessed January 16, 2016
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Simon Corbet, Medieval Roots: Darrell & Ruth McGowen's Family History & Ancestry. http://www.medievalroots.com/getperson.php?personID=I10194&tree=tree1b. Accessed January 16, 2016
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Pedigree of Corbet of Chaddesley-Corbet, Hope, and Leigh-Juxta-Caus, Leighton and Subsequently of Sundorne. Scan attached to profile.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 dates currently in WikiTree datafield
- "The family of Corbet, its life and times", by Mrs. Augusta Elizabeth Brickdale Corbet Corbet
- Ancestry family trees
This page has been edited according to Style Standards adopted January 2014. Descriptions of imported gedcoms for this profile are under the Changes tab.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Simon's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 4 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Terry Wright, Katherine Patterson, David Rentschler, and Jeff Kenner. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Simon is 25 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 27 degrees from Ayn Rand, 26 degrees from Peter Roberts and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.