- Edward Coverly's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Baptism: SEP 1769. Enfield, Middlesex, England.  Note: EC: "Baptised by Rev Mr Hitchin, in the House in which I was born - & in the same month, & Registered in the Church Books at the Meeting in Write's Row Spitalfields where Mr Hitchin was Minister".
Education: Christ's Hospital Matriculation. 30 SEP 1779. Hertford,, England.  Senior School, Christ's Hospital.
1780 London, England.  Christ's Hospital: Discharge.
7 OCT 1783. London, England.  Note: Edward was discharged from the school on 7th October 1783, by Mr Leeds Mason, his uncle, who lived at Ponders End, Middlesex, and who was to employ Edward (trade unstated).
Event: Apprenticeship to William Carter of Honey Lane Market for 7 years. 5 DEC 1783. London, England. 
Fishmonger's Company. Freedom 3 FEB 1791. London, England. 
City of London. Freedom 3 FEB 1791. London, England. 
Investigation 1 FEB 1816. London, England. Fishmonger Court received report that Edward Coverly had a trade outside the Hall. 
Relief APR 1820. London, England. 
4 pounds "Redeemed". Tax 1816-1818 St Lawrence's Precinct.  pounds "Redeemed".
5 pounds, 2 shillings "Redeemed". Tax 1819-1820 Allhallows Honey Lane Precinct. 
Beadle Cited Father on the marriage of daughter, Priscilla Coverly. 28 NOV 1848. Agency: 481. 
Fishmonger Cited Father on the marriage of son, Charles James Coverly. 10 NOV 1851. Agency: 20. 
Deceased Cited Father on the marriage of son, Edward Coverly. 26 APR 1853. Agency: 531. 
Fishmonger Cited Father on the marriage of daughter, Elizabeth Coverly. 27 APR 1856. Agency: 17. 
Beadle of the Fishmonger Company. Cited Father on the marriage of daughter, Ann Coverly. 28 DEC 1856. Agency: 464. 
Upper Beadle. 17 APR 1806. London, England. 
Census: 6 JUN 1841. Mile End Old Town, Stepney, Middlesex. Age: 70y. 
- ↑ Source: #S305
- ↑ Source: #S737
- ↑ Source: #S740
- ↑ Source: #S739
- ↑ Source: #S660
- ↑ Source: #S661
- ↑ Source: #S661
- ↑ Source: #S586
- ↑ Source: #S587
- ↑ Source: #S593
- ↑ Source: #S567
- ↑ Source: #S648
- ↑ Source: #S654
- ↑ Source: #S657
- ↑ Source: #S205
- ↑ Source: #S209
- ↑ Source: #S206
- ↑ Source: #S211
- ↑ Source: #S261
- ↑ Source: #S566
- ↑ Source: #S667
- ↑ Source: #S653
- ↑ Source: #S6
- ↑ Source: #S250
- ↑ Source: #S739
- ↑ Source: #S215
- ↑ Source: #S736
- Source: S205 Marriage Paddington, Middlesex England (St Mary's Church of England) 28 Nov 1848 Joseph Coverly & Priscilla Coverly Marriage Publication: 447 Repository: #R17 Note: Harriet signed by mark. Witness Robert Ford was also the witness for the next marriage (#448) 3 JAN 2013 Time: 11:07:11
- Repository: R17 London Metropolitan Archives 7 FEB 2015 Time: 09:12:35
- Source: S206 Marriage Stepney, London, England (District Church of St Peter) 26 Apr 1853 Edward Coverly & Elizabeth Clapton Marriage Publication: 321 Repository: #R17 6 DEC 2012 Time: 21:04:21
- Source: S208 Marriage Hackney, London, England (St John Church) 8 Dec 1824 Edward Coverly & Sarah Elizabeth Haslett Marriage Publication: 870 Repository: #R17 6 DEC 2012 Time: 21:09:21
- Source: S209 Marriage Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England (Parish Church) 10 Nov 1851 Charles James Coverly & Elizabeth Susannah Hunt Marriage Publication: 266 Repository: #R17 6 DEC 2012 Time: 21:51:08
- Source: S211 Marriage Paddington, Middlesex England (Parish Church) 27 Apr 1856 John Luttman & Elizabeth Coverly Marriage Publication: 141 Repository: #R17 26 MAR 2012 Time: 21:17:34
- Source: S215 Marriage Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England (St Matthew Church of England) 12 Dec 1822 Edward Coverly & Elizabeth Tilley Marriage Publication: 680 Repository: #R17 Note: London Metropolitan Archives, Saint Matthew, Bethnal Green, Register of baptisms, P72/MTW, Item 012 6 DEC 2012 Time: 21:17:25
- Source: S250 Marriage London, England (St Katherine Coleman) 8 May 1791 Edward Coverly & Priscilla Tennant Marriage Publication: 332 Repository: #R17 23 MAR 2012 Time: 08:15:31
- Source: S261 Marriage Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England (St Matthew Church of England) 28 Dec 1856 John Bidgood Mitchell & Anna Coverly Marriage Publication: 14 Repository: #R17 24 MAR 2012 Time: 08:52:08
- Source: S301 Baptism Whitechapel, Middlesex, England 16 Jun 1833 Charles James Coverly Baptism Publication: Pg 71 Repository: #R17 8 OCT 2012 Time: 21:35:12
- Source: S302 Baptism St Botolph Aldersgate, London, England 20 Jun 1792 Edward George de Coverly Baptism Repository: #R17 28 MAR 2012 Time: 21:40:18
- Source: S305 Birth Certificate: Edward Coverly 1769 Birth Certificate Repository: #R34 27 MAR 2012 Time: 15:05:44
- Repository: R34 Dr Williams Library/General Records Office 27 MAR 2012 Time: 12:26:56
- Source: S312 Baptism Newington, Surrey, England 26 Aug 1796 George Edward Coverly Baptism 28 MAR 2012 Time: 21:39:41
- Source: S321 Baptism St Luke, Middlesex, England 12 Mar 1828 Prudence Coverly Baptism Publication: 50 Repository: #R17 Note: This was recorded on baptism form, but probably is just a record of births at the hospital 8 APR 2012 Time: 21:29:22
- Source: S566 Fishmonger Company Records: Ed Coverly 1799 Feb 4 Under Beadle Fishmonger Court Records Repository: #R18 24 SEP 2012 Time: 10:03:27
- Repository: R18 Family History Library 2 JUL 2013 Time: 11:45:33
- Source: S567 Fishmonger Company Records: Ed Coverly 1816 Caught Fishmonger Court Records Repository: #R18 28 JUL 2012 Time: 22:34:22
- Source: S586 Fishmonger Company Court Records Apprenticeship: Edward Coverly, Fishmonger 1783 Apprenticeship Edward Coverly (Son of Roger de Coverly Weaver, deceased) doth put himself Apprentice to William Carter Citizen and Fishmonger of London (by Trade a Fishmonger) and living in Honey Lane Market. The consideration is ?? paid by the Treasurer of C 20 AUG 2012 Time: 22:29:03
- Source: S587 Fishmonger Company Court Records Freedom, Fishmonger Company: Edward Coverly 1791 Freedom of the Company Edward Coverly (late the Apprentice of William Carter Freeman) is Admitted into the Freedom of the Company by Service and Sworn - 4 Shillings Repository: #R18 23 SEP 2012 Time: 15:18:54
- Source: S593 Freedom, City of London: Edward Coverly 1791 Freedom of the City Chamber of London, Enrolled 8 April 1784; At ? 3rd Feb 1791: The within named Edward Coverly was made free by Service to the within named Wm Carter Repository: #R17 21 AUG 2012 Time: 19:20:43
- Source: S6 Census 1841 Mile End Old Town, Stepney, Middlesex HO107/713/11/34/37 Census Publication: Class: HO107; Piece: 713; Book: 11; Civil Parish: Stepney; County: Middlesex; Enumeration District: 34; Folio: 37; Page: 2; Line: 3; GSU roll: 438822/Ancestry Repository: #R16 21 DEC 2012 Time: 10:10:24
- Repository: R16 General Records Office 9 JAN 2017 Time: 11:13:46
- Source: S648 Fishmonger Company Records: Ed Coverly 1820 Relief Fishmonger Court Records On application to this Court for relief by .... Edward Coverly late Beadle of the Company...It is ordered that twenty guineas be paid to the said Edward Coverly ... Repository: #R18 11 SEP 2012 Time: 21:08:52
- Source: S653 Fishmonger's Company Court Minutes: Ed Coverly 1806 Apr 17 Upper Beadle Fishmonger Court Records Repository: #R18 21 SEP 2012 Time: 21:31:31
- Source: S654 Tax Record: Edward Coverly 1816 Property Tax Repository: #R17 21 SEP 2012 Time: 22:37:06
- Source: S655 Tax Record: Edward Coverly 1817 Tax Repository: #R17 22 SEP 2012 Time: 12:55:05
- Source: S656 Tax Record: Edward Coverly 1818 Tax Repository: #R17 22 SEP 2012 Time: 13:34:33
- Source: S657 Tax Record: Edward Coverly 1819 Tax Repository: #R17 22 SEP 2012 Time: 12:57:42
- Source: S660 Christ's Hospital Education: Edward Coverly 1779 CH Present Education Repository: #R18 15 OCT 2012 Time: 21:31:42
- Source: S661 Christ's Hospital Education: Edward Coverly CH summary Education Publication: Correspondence with museum volunteer 27 JAN 2013 Time: 23:10:07
- Source: S667 E. W. Cooke Residence: Fishmonger Hall 1827 Painting Publication: Watercolour, original 8 1/2" x 11 3/4" Repository: #R44 24 SEP 2012 Time: 10:03:25
- Repository: R44 Guildhall Art Gallery 11 MAR 2013 Time: 19:32:34
- Source: S737 Edward Coverly Bible: E Coverly Pg 1 Bible Record 8 JAN 2017 Time: 21:37:31
- Source: S739 Edward Coverly Bible: E Coverly Pg 4 Bible Record 13 OCT 2012 Time: 19:36:50
- Source: S740 Edward Coverly Bible: E Coverly Pg 2 Bible Record 13 OCT 2012 Time: 20:30:05
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Edward's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Edward is 28 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 26 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 33 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 34 degrees from David Selman and 27 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.