- Thomas Coverly's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
COVERLY THOMAS E. Farmer; Sec. 14; P. O. Byron; owns 120 acres of land, probable valuation, $4,800; Mr. C. was born Nov. 21, 1833, in Canada, and came to Ogle Co. in March, 1859, and settled in Byron, where he lived until the Fall of 1865, when he went to Floyd Co., Ia., and lived there for sixteen months and then returned to Byron, where he resided until March, 1876, when he removed to Rockvale, where he now resides; he was married, Sept. 18th. 1860, to Cordelia A., daughter of Moses Coolbaugh, of Byron Tp., Ogle Co.; she was born March 9th, 1841, in Bradford Co., Pa.; they have seven children --- Charles M., George E., Lester and Lettie (twins), Hattie M., Willie M. and Goldie M.; Mr. Coverly enlisted in the war of the rebellion in Oct., 1864, with the 48th I. V. I/. and was honorably discharged July 1th, 1865; he is a Republican, and was Road Master in Byron Township for three years; Mr. and Mrs. Coverly are both members of the M. E.Church.
Civil War Private. Military Service. FROM NOV 1863 TO JUL 1864.  Note: Private, Company A, Regiment Illinois 48.
Census: 1 JUN 1900. Garfield Twp, Buffalo, NE. Age: 66y. 
Occupation: Farmer. 1 JUN 1900. Garfield Twp, Buffalo, NE. 
Marriage Marriage 18 SEP 1860. Rockvale, Ogle, IL, USA. 
Burial Highland Cemetery Ravenna, Nebraska
Civil War Pension 
- The History of Ogle County, Illinois, Containing A History of the County---Its Cities, Towns, Etc., A Biographical Directory of Its Citizens, War Records of Its Volunteers in the Late Rebellion, General and Local Statistics, PORTRAITS OF EARLY SETTLERS AND PROMINENT MEN, History of the Northwest, History of Illinois, Map of Ogle County, Constitution of the United States, Miscellaneous Matters, Etc., ILLUSTRATED, Chicago, H. F. Kett & Co., Times Building, 1878, p. 754
- Source: S1243 Census 1900 Garfield Twp, Buffalo, NE; 917/ 2A/0028 Census Publication: Year: 1900; Census Place: Garfield, Buffalo, Nebraska; Roll: 917; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 0028 Repository: #R20 2 MAR 2016 Time: 09:25:36
- Repository: R20 NARA 21 DEC 2012 Time: 11:23:32
- Source: S1244 Census 1890 (Civil War Survivors) Bristol Twp, Sherman, NE, USA Census Repository: #R18 2 MAR 2016 Time: 09:35:57
- Repository: R18 Family History Library 2 JUL 2013 Time: 11:45:33
- Source: S1245 General Index to Pension Files, 1861-1934. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. T288, 546 rolls
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Thomas's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jill Lee and S Brooks. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Thomas is 27 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 38 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 26 degrees from Abby Glann, 32 degrees from Charles Schulz and 26 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.