Categories: Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire | Cottingham, Yorkshire | Manchester, Lancashire | Hampstead, London | Portsmouth, Hampshire | Letchworth, Hertfordshire | Bristol, Gloucestershire | Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Migrants from Yorkshire to Hong Kong | Hong Kong, China | New Territories, Hong Kong.
- Malcolm's formal name
- full middle name (I.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Malcolm is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- My own family line.
- Following England migration patterns
- Maternal grandmother's other family line.
- Expats who lived in Hong Kong.
- Paternal grandmother's father's family line, begins with William Lawson, born 1 Feb 1858 in Cowdenbeath, Fife, Scotland.
- Many Scots ancestors
- Paternal grandmother's maternal grandmother Margaret Towers, born in Orkney, Scotland about 1830. Information about her comes from family records. Official records begin with her marriage. I've found nothing earlier.
- Interested in UK family history.
- Maternal grandmother's family line.
- Malcolm Cowan is a Wonderful WikiTreer Jun 29, 2017.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Malcolm. (Best for comments to Malcolm that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Malcolm that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 26 Jun 2018 at 18:40 GMT Laurie Cruthers wrote:
On 25 Jun 2018 at 14:53 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 5 Jun 2018 at 19:13 GMT Mindy Silva wrote:
I've sent you a pm and I'm looking forward to working with you. Don't hesitate with any questions!
On 31 May 2018 at 12:58 GMT Wendy (Ling) Sullivan wrote:
A warm welcome to the England Project. We are so glad you joined us!!
Your badge also automatically signs you up to the United Kingdom Project.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and don’t forget to add England and United_Kingdom to your tags.
On 23 May 2018 at 07:35 GMT Martin Allen wrote:
Incidentally I have no connection personally with Rotherham. But using my profile is the simplest way of creating new category names.
On 22 May 2018 at 15:11 GMT Martin Allen wrote:
On 22 May 2018 at 13:11 GMT Steven Harris wrote:
Regarding the Migration comments on ambiguity in AdminEntities, you are correct to a certain extent - but not through the examples provided - and if this issue comes up for a specific AdminEntity it will need to be discussed with the Categorization project.
For example, your mention of Ontario being ambiguous does not currently apply to the Migration categories.
An AdminEntitiy as defined in this context is the next level of subdivision of a Country - a State, Territory, Province, etc. Using your example of Ontario, New York - Ontario is a City within the AdminEntity of New York, in the Country of the United States, and would not be identified or listed in the Migration Category stream.
Please feel free to message me if you have any questions.
On 21 May 2018 at 06:57 GMT Isabelle Rassinot wrote:
Re- EditBot (EditBot is wrongly setting the category for Middlesbrough, Yorkshire, to Middlesborough, Yorkshire. The correct spelling of the name of the town is MIDDLESBROUGH.) Could you please contact the England Project about this issue? EditBot is making these changes on the instructions that a human gave. The England project will need to look into this. Thanks for alerting us!
On 29 Jun 2017 at 17:48 GMT Eowyn Langholf wrote:
|Malcolm Cowan is a Wonderful WikiTreer.|
On 25 Jun 2017 at 11:19 GMT Keith Hathaway wrote:
I'd like to invite you to join in the "Weekend Chat" on G2G Today!
Share personal successes, stories about ancestors, tips, projects you are working on, or anything else you wish.
New members stop in and say Hello, introduce yourself, share your story, or ask for help.
Pilots, Mentors, and Leaders of all kinds please add something... your advice is always greatly appreciated.
Hope to see you there!