David was born in June 20, 1875, in Florenceville, New Brunswick. (2)
His name at birth was David Crabb.
When David married Edith Rae Giberson in 1899, he was still using "Crabb" as his last name. (2)
David and and his wife Edith went to Probate Court in Piscataquis County, Maine to change the family name on Sept. 1, 1910. The Court granted their petition Oct. 4, 1910. See the story of the name change and the court proceedings transcript on the Remember blog . (8)
He was a farmer. (2)
He is buried in the Evergreen Cemetery, Houlton, Maine. (6)
Can you add any information on David Crabb? Please help grow his WikiTree profile. Everything you see here is a collaborative work-in-progress.
2. Marriage (and birth place): "Maine, Vital Records, 1670-1907 ," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VZ3G-B8Y : accessed 17 Dec 2013), Crabtree in entry for David J Crabtree and Edith R Giberson, 1899.
3. Kith and Kin of the Kinneys, by Fern Gallup Kinney. [nd]. PDF:http://home.comcast.net/~kinneyed/KithAndKin_image.pdf
4. Personal correspondence with Duane Crabtree, second cousin and genealogist. Copies in possession of Clair Harris Zarges as of 16 Dec 2013.
6. Grave: Find a Grave http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=59548722
7. Record from the Probate Court, State of Maine, County of Piscataquis, 4 Oct 1910; copy in my possession 12/12/2013, Clair Harris Zarges; sent to me by Duane E. Crabtree, son of Talmage Dewitt Crabb in an email dated 30 July 2001.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at MyHeritage DNA.
There are no public comments yet.
David is 16 degrees from Charles Darwin, 16 degrees from Amelia Earhart, 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor and 23 degrees from Gilly Wood on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.