- Willis Craft's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Willis was the son of John Craft and Mary Moss of North Carolina. He married Martha Franklin on 26 Nov 1832 in Morgan County, Georgia.
- Willis served in the Georgia House of Representatives from 1857-1858 as a Democrat Upon his death, a note in the Atlanta Constitution read: "Hon. Willis Craft who was much respected by his people and who frquently represented his county and district in the general assembly of the state." 
- Willis is buried on his land, which is now in the woods in the Northern corner of Elbert County. There is a map in the Elbert County Library that shows the location of the cemetery, though there are no roads that lead directly to it.
- 1840 - Craft Dist 199, Elbert, Georgia
- 1850 - The Elbert District, Elbert, Georgia
- 1860 - Page No. 84, Elberton, Elbert, Georgia
- 1870 - Page 38, Moss, Elbert, Georgia
- ↑ 59. Dodd, Jordan. Georgia Marriages to 1850 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 1997 (Ancestry.com). Original data: Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Georgia.
- ↑ McIntosh, J.H. (1939). The Official History of Elbert County 1790 - 1935 [With a Supplement for 1935 - 1939 by the Stephen Heard Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution]. Elberton, GA: Daughters of the American Revolution, Stephen Heard Chapter. From the Quintin Publications Collection.
- ↑ "Members of the Legislature." The Southern Banner, Athens, Georgia. 22 Oct 1857. Pg 3
- ↑ The Atlanta Constitution, Atlanta, Georgia. 29 Aug 1885
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Willis by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Willis:
- Valerie Craft : 23andMe, GEDMatch M052108 + AncestryDNA, Ancestry member vrc84 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F139787, FTDNA kit #139787
- Kenneth Craft : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F121161, FTDNA kit #121161
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Willis is 21 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 18 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 26 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.