[private father (unknown - unknown)]
and [private mother (1930s - unknown)]
[private brother (1950s - unknown)] [half] and [private brother (1960s - unknown)] [half]
Profile last modified 23 May 2020
| Created 5 Mar 2016 | Last significant change: 1 May 2020
This page has been accessed 4,797 times.
Sandy (Craig) Patak is a part of Georgia.
Professional Genealogist, APG, NGS at
- Ancestry Journey and Ancestry Journey Cemeteries
I inherited the Ancestry bug from my Uncle Drex who tirelessly went door-to-door asking questions to all of our relatives. I am fortunate to have much personal family documentation passed down through the generations.
After traveling around the globe as a successful business consultant, I found little time to be home or continue research. There comes a time when you approach two paths, I took the one less traveled. I decided to change careers and follow my passion. Over a decade ago, I became a Professional Genealogist and started my company, Ancestry Journey
. Ancestry Journey combines research and travel to create a full understanding of your Ancestors.
My personal primary genealogy focus is
- Locate where my families lived in Scotland and Germany
- Research the graves of my ancestors as well as restore them
- Gather military information and document their lives much more than the dates they were born and died
I am a proud first generation born Marylander who now lives in North Georgia.
When not working, you can find me camping in our Vintage Airstream with my family, fly fishing the mighty Elk River in WV, attending an Atlanta Gladiators Hockey Game or reading a good novel in my hosta filled backyard.
My Genealogical Blogs:
- Ancestry Journey Genealogy Tips
- Ancestry Cemeteries: Tips on Documenting/Surveying/Photographing Cemeteries
My Non Genealogical Blogs:
- Camp - Golf - Eat: Showcasing Campground & Golf Course Reviews and Great Eats!
- Argosy Traveling: All about Renovations, Upgrades and Restoration on Vintage Trailers
(Click on the Names with Links to Read About These Ancestors!)
Practically every ancestor I have has touched the soil in the Southern states. Although my ancestors came to America as Hessian Soldiers, Ulster Scots, Rugged Highland Scots, or Optimistic Britons, they settled upon the lands of Colonial Maryland and Virginia where their descendants live today.
There is not a war in this new land that my Ancestors have not participated in. Many made it back to their families while some were taken Prisoner and haunted the remainder of their lives and others died tragically fighting for the cause.
Virginia/West Virginia: (Paternal) Linger, Lance/Lantz, Miller
Virginia/West Virginia: (Maternal) Bonner, Gregory, Bennett, Teter, Mullinax, Cook, Arbogast
DNA Tests show predominately European:
- 47% British & Irish
- 25% Broadly Western Europe
- 19.8% French & German
- 4.4% Scandavian
- .4% Sardinian
Parents Confirmed with DNA= Oden Linger  
AND Edith Bonner 
Birth Certificate lists Craig as last name. My biological father's identity was not revealed until I was 48 years old and confirmed with DNA tests.
Biological Father = Oden Lee Linger
Non-Biological Father = John Dale Craig
Recent Favorite Profiles
This is a list of my favorite profiles that I have had the honor to create or adopt and manage. I hope you will stop and take a moment to check them out. (This list changes.)
Sarah Folks Bonner
, my 3rd Great Grandmother. After Sarah's husband died, she fought for years to get his War of 1812 Pension: A Land Grant. She was repeated denied and some of the archival documents from the U.S. Govt are quite mean. She wanted this land to not only pass along to her child but it also has the private family cemetery where her husband was buried.
John Shaw Billings
, no relation. I came across John when researching the hospital where one of my Ancestor's died during the Civil War. John was the Hospital Surgeon and "Administrator." By just barely digging a little deeper, I learned that John graduated college at 14, created a National Medical Library, helped design John Hopkins, introduce public health questions to the Census and was the first Director of the NY Public Library. And so much more!
, my Husband's 2nd Great Grandfather. This Profile always make me smile because of the pictures. Have you ever dreamed of having a bar and barber shop in the same location? It was a huge success for Lorenz!
Currently Working On
|SE USA Regional Cemeteries Team Lead | Georgia, USA Cemeteries Team Lead | WV Cemeteries, Member | Scottish Clan Bonner, Sponsor |Military and War, Member | US History, Member | US Southern Colonies, Member | US Civil War, Member | Team Virginia, Member |
|Free Space Pages:
|My Main Free Space | Background + Profile Images | Clean Up Profiles | My Brick Walls |My To Do List | Clean Up Adopted Profiles | My DNA Mysteries | My List of Cemeteries
|Cemetery Documenting/Surveying/Photographing Projects:
|Point Mtn Cemetery| Bonner Cemetery | Morris Cemetery | Linger Cemetery |B F Gregory Cemetery | Meadowland Cemetery | Resthaven Cemetery | Benson Methodist Church Cemetery |
- Trusted List Transfers
- Due to my Cemetery Projects, I tend to manage Profiles that I have no personal family line to. I love to turn over the Profile responsibilities to those that have personal interest & knowledge of an Ancestor. All, with few exceptions, of my Georgia AND Kentucky Profiles can be transferred.
One Name Studies
- ↑ Paternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Oden Linger and SCP, father/daughter. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: close family; Confidence: Extremely High.
- ↑ Paternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Sandy Patak and Daniel Linger, half siblings. Their most-recent common ancestor is their father, Oden Linger. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: Close Family based on sharing 1857 cM across 34 segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- ↑ Paternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Sandy Patak and Steven Linger, half siblings. Their most-recent common ancestor is their father, Oden Linger. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: Close Family based on sharing 1619 cM across 46 segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- ↑ Maternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Stephen Craig and SCP, mother/daughter. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: Close Family based on sharing 1815cM across 58 segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- ↑ Maternal relationship is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between Sandy Patak and Stephen Craig, half siblings. Their most-recent common ancestor is their mother, Edith Bonner. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: Close Family based on sharing 1815 cM across 58 segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- ↑ Maternal Grand Father relationship, John Clarence Bennett, and MRCA, is confirmed by a 472.4 cM match between his Grand Daughter, Sandy Patak GEDmatch M183771 and his Grand Daughter, Karen Beatty GEDmatch A589284.
- ↑ Maternal Grand Mother relationship. Ina Bonner, and MRCA, is confirmed with an AncestryDNA test match between her granddaughter, Sandy Patak and D.K., half uncle. Predicted relationship reported by AncestryDNA: Cousin based on sharing 647 cM across 31 segments; Confidence: Extremely High.
- First-hand information. Entered by Sandy Craig Patak at registration. SCP
- Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate in personal possession of Sandy Patak
All the images on this page are available for your use. They are uploaded to my Image Page
Sandy (Craig) Patak is participating with Team Virginia during the 2019 Clean-a-Thon.
Sandy (Craig) Patak participated with Team Virginia during the 2018 Source-a-Thon, adding 500 sources to profiles.
Sandy (Craig) Patak participated with Team Virginia during the 2018 Clean-a-Thon, correcting 1006. We cleaned up 6,423 suggestions! suggestions.
Sandy is a member of the Virginia Connectors Team working on WV Profiles for the Connect-a-Thon
Challenge, Summer 2019
Sandy (Craig) Patak is participating with The Virginia Connectors during the 2019 Connect-a-Thon, and has added 1152 profiles.
Sandy (Craig) Patak participated with Team Virginia during the 2019 Source-a-Thon, adding 1265 sources to profiles.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Sandy's formal name
- full middle name (M.)
- e-mail address
- images (7)
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Sandy Patak's full information you must be on Sandy's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools