[private sister (1980s - unknown)] and [private brother (1980s - unknown)]
[private son (1990s - unknown)] and
[private son (2000s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 15 Dec 2019
| Created 8 Dec 2018 | Last significant change: 14 Dec 2019
This page has been accessed 4,017 times.
Amy was born in Perth, Ontario. Today, Amy is a bit of a Jill-of-all-Trades, a small business owner, family historian and genealogist..
|Coffee Cup nowiki
In 2018, Amy discovered WikiTree.... and the rest of this story is yet to be written!
Amy (Crawford) Gilpin has Scottish Ancestors.
Amy (Crawford) Gilpin Is a member of the Scottish Clans Protocol Team
Maternal DNA confirmed through testing with Ancestry.com
Paternal DNA confirmed through testing with Ancestry.com
Ancestry DNA results
- 52% Ireland and Scotland (specifically, Scotland)
- Scottish Central Lowlands
- Sutherland and Caithness
- South Sutherland, Scotland
- Scottish Highlands and Islands
- 46% England, Wales, and Northwestern Europe
- Scottish Lowlands, Northern England and Northern Ireland
- Southern Ontario Settlers
- Western and Central Ontario Settlers
- Ottawa Valley and Outaouais, Quebec Settlers
- Brockville and Kingston, Ontario Settlers
WikiTree Projects and Genealogical Research
I am currently researching the following surnames:
- Crawford: My father's line, originating in Scotland
- Gilpin: My husband's paternal line, originating in Ireland
- McKay: My mother's line, originating in Scotland
- Park: My maternal great grandmother's line, originating in Scotland.
I also have an interest in the following surnames:
- Francis: paternal grandmother's line, originating in England.
- Pretty: My maternal grandmother's line, originating in England.
- Pellow: My paternal great grandmother's line, originating in England. This is my brick wall.
- Burke/Bourke/Bourk - my father's maternal line, originating in Ireland
- Steele: My paternal great grandmother's line, originating in Scotland, but came to Canada from the United States.
- Burns: My maternal great grandmother's line. I believe this line originates in Scotland, but have yet to get them out of Lanark County.
Amy (Crawford) Gilpin is participating with Canada Cleanup Crew during the 2019 Clean-a-Thon.
- Scotland - Scotland Project Co-leader and Sutherland County Team Leader
- Scottish Clans - Clan Crawford Sponsor and Scottish Clans Protocol Team member.
- Ireland - Ireland Project Leader, Categories Team Coordinator and County Armagh Team Leader
- Canada Project - Canada Project Co-Leader and Ontario Team member
- England Project - currently participating in the Orphan Trail
- Donna Hall - Maternal Aunt.
- Jean Steele - Paternal 2nd Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestor: William Henry Steele and Rachel Fitzpatrick
- Jim Crawford - Paternal 3rd Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestors: David Crawford and Margaret Tennant
- Penny Dier - Paternal 4th cousin. Common Ancestors: David Crawford and Margaret Tennant
- Lynda (McLean) Falloon - Maternal 4th cousin. Common Ancestors: Daniel Pretty and Margaret Wark
- Tyler Bindon - Paternal 4th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestors: Samuel Steele and Trophina Smith
- Michael Tryon - paternal 7th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestors: Abel Tryon and Abiah Hunnewell-Birdsey
- Janelle Weir - paternal 10th Cousin. Common Ancestors: Josiah Cooke Jr. and Deborah Hopkins
- Bobbie Hall - paternal 10th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestors: Josiah Cooke and Elizabeth Ring
- Chris Whitten - paternal 10th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestor: Augustine Bearse
- Scott Hutchins - paternal 10th Cousins, once removed. Common Ancestors: Nathaniel Bearding and Abigail Graves
- Jamie Nelson - paternal 10th Cousin, twice removed. Common Ancestor: Abigail Graves
- Rick Parrott II - paternal 11th Cousin. Common Ancestor: Joseph Weld
- Traci Thiessen - paternal 11th Cousins. Common Ancestor: Elizabeth (Ring) Cooke
- Doug McCallum - paternal 11th Cousin. Common Ancestor: Augustine Bearse
- Cheryl (Aldrich) Skordal - paternal 11th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestors: Stephen Hopkins
- Jim Patterson - paternal 12th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestors: Edmund Scott and Joan Howard
- Barry Smith - paternal 12th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestor: John Hopkins
- Eric McDaniel - paternal 13th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestor: John Hopkins
- Whitney Rapp - paternal 16th Cousin, once removed. Common Ancestors: James Glover and Agnes Southwyn
British Prime Ministers
"To aid WikiTree in the administration of my account should I be incapacitated, or in the event of my death, I hereby give permission for all profiles I'm managing to be transferred to the following Projects:
- Canadian Profiles to the Canada Project
- Scottish Profiles to the Scotland Project
- Irish Profiles to the Ireland Project
- English Profiles to the England Project.
- ↑ First hand information entered by Amy Gilpin as of July 2019
- First-hand information. Entered by Amy Crawford at registration.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Amy's formal name
- full middle name (L.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (5)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to Amy Gilpin's full information you must be on Amy's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Amy is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Project Leader, Member of Team Ontario. I was born and raised in Lanark County, Ontario, Canada.
- Team Leader for Content Maintenance Team; Member of the Categorization Project
- Regional Coordinator for the Isles Cemetery Teams; Member of the Ontario Cemeteries Team
- My maiden name. Leader of the Crawford Name Study and Sponsor of Clan Crawford
- Pellow surname, British Home Children to Canada
- Leader for this project
- Leader for this project.
- My married name. Leader of the Gilpin Name Study
- Project Coordinator; Member of the Ireland Project
- Following a family trail from Lanark County, Ontario to Salt Lake City, Utah
- Maternal Surname
- To keep track of questions from new members or those who otherwise need help.
- Member of Ontario Team
- To stay up to date with pre-1500 issues while I prepare to certify.
- To help with pre-1700 profiles when and where I can
- To help monitor requests for help with Irish Roots Project and others
- Helping with the Project
- To stay up to date on things happening with Scotland Project
- Member of the Scottish Clans project, Sponsor of Clan Crawford
Amy Gilpin's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Amy or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Amy:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to post a comment.