- Antoine Delisle's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Canada, Nouvelle-France.
Biographie - Antoine Delisle
Naissance: Antoine est né le 15 novembre 1670 dans la paroisse de St-Francois-de-Sales, dans la ville de Neuville, Quebec.
Mariage: Antoine à 24 ans & Catherine Faucher à 20 ans se sont mariés le 9 novembre 1694 dans la paroisse de St-Francois-de-Sales, dans la ville de Neuville, Quebec. Leurs marriage fut béni avec 13 enfants qui se sont mariés.
Alors Antoine et Catherine ont vu presque tous leurs enfants se mariés et même vu leurs petits-enfants.
Son épouse est décèdée le 9 septembre 1738 à l'âge de 64 ans dans la paroisse de St-Francois-de-Sales, dans la ville de Neuville, Quebec.
Seulement deux mois plus tard Antoine aussi est décèdé. Antoine fut inhumé le 29 octobre 1738 à l'âge de 68 ans dans la dans la paroisse de St-Francois-de-Sales, dans la ville de Neuville, Quebec.
Biography - Antoine Delisle
Birth: Antoine was born November 15, 1670 in the parish of St- Francois- de-Sales , in the town of Neuville , Quebec.
Marriage: Antoine at 24 & Catherine Faucher to 20 years were married Nov. 9, 1694 in the parish of St- Francois- de-Sales , in the town of Neuville, Quebec. Their wedding was blessed with 13 children who got married.
While Antoine and Catherine saw almost all of their children are married and even had their grandchildren.
His wife died September 9, 1738 at the age of 64 years in the parish of St- Francois- de-Sales , in the town of Neuville , Quebec.
Only two months later Antoine also died. Antoine was buried 29 October 1738 at the age of 68 years in in the parish of St- Francois- de-Sales , in the town of Neuville , Quebec.
Antoine DeLisle & Catherine Faucher Family
- Louis Joseph born Sep 5, 1695, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Quebec, married Madeleine Toupin dit Dussault
- Jean Baptiste born Jan 27, 1704, Neuville, Quebec, married Francoise Trottier dit Bellcour on Jun 10, 1743, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Quebec
- Augustin born Jun 1, 1715, Neuville, Quebec, married Marie Anne Rivard dit Lanouette on Jan 28, 1743, LaPerade, Quebec, died May 17, 1773, Neuville, Quebec
- Thierry-Jeremie born Nov 10, 1720, Portneuf, Quebec, married Marie Therese Gauthier dit Landreville on Sep 11, 1752, Quebec
The information for the above names and dates was taken from RootsWeb World Connect, French Families of the Detroit River Region, by Fr. Rev Christian Denissen and PRDH online database.
Antoine DeLisle was born on November 15, 1670 and married at the age of 34. He was a fur trader and voyageur. In April of 1690 he signs a contract with Louis de La Porte to purchase farm land in Neuville. Then he joins La Porte and 170 other men to take command of Fort De Baude a trading post near Detroit. Detroit would not be settled until 1701. Antoine and Marie-Catherine Faucher dit St. Maurice were married on November 9, 1694 in Neuville, Quebec and Antoine bought his farm in 1695. Antoine and Catherine had the following children.
He must have been away for much of his coeurs de bois career as his children are born 2 and 3 years apart. It is interesting to note that he has no children born in the years that Fort Michillmackinac and Fort Detroit were established. Jean Baptiste was the second son born to Antoine and Marie in Neuville.
- Birth: 15 November 1670, Québec, Québec, Canada
- Death: 29 October 1738, Neuville, Québec, Canada
- Father: Louis Delisle
- Mother: Marie Louise Degranges
Ancestors of Antoine Delisle ┌─Charles Delisle ┌─Louis Delisle │ └─Marguerite Petit Antoine Delisle │ ┌─Denis Degranges └─Marie Louise Degranges └─Marguerite Joanne Source: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bobwolfe/gen/person/p9555.htm
- User ID: 42CC551C-9AE4-48F8-BCDE-1017F8855779
- Record ID Number: MH:IF4093
- Date: 26 NOV 1670
- Place: neuville, Portneuf, Quebec, New France
- User ID: 4DEEDB52-98BB-4F25-89AD-BFF0BE9FE544
- Record ID Number: MH:IF4092
- Date: 29 OCT 1738
- Place: Pte aux Trembles, Quebec Canada
- UPD 12 JAN 2009 09:14:12 GMT-6
Record ID Number
- Record ID Number: MH:I2114
- User ID: 8C5AA196-98EB-4991-B820-3DDC8837384F
- BMS2000.org http://www.bms2000.org/fr/record/marriage/2294530
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Antoine by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Lisa Trudeau and Kris Anonymous. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 26 May 2016 at 18:01 GMT Linda Gauvin wrote:
Antoine is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 25 degrees from Ayn Rand, 22 degrees from Peter Roberts and 18 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.