Philip married (1) Sarah Crane, daughter of John Crane and Esther Williams.
Children of Philip Denman and (1) Sarah Crane:
1. Joseph Denman (b 1735 - 21 Oct 1819) married about 1756 his cousin (1) Catherine Townley, daughter of Effingham Townley and Rebecca Crane, the sister of Sarah Crane, Joseph's mother. The Townley ancestors came from England in 1683. and were connected with Sir George Carteret. Colonial Secretary of New Jersey. Joseph and (1) Catherine had eight children. a. Child Denman died young. b. Child Denman died young. c. Matthias Denman (b 27 Feb 1760 NJ - d 8 Sep 1838 in Licking Co., OH at 78y); married circa 1781 to Rhoda Elston d. Catherine Nancy Denman married circa 1777 to Stephen Badgley. e. Samuel Denman f. Joseph Denman (b 1767) married 1788 to Sarah Willis. Joseph Denman died on August 1, 1845 at Miami County, Ohio at 78y. g. Sarah Denman married Abram Miller and they had three children. h. William Denman married Phebe Woodruff and had seven children. (1) David, born in 1792; (2) Joseph Denman, in 1794; (3) Aaron C. Denman in 1796; (4) Elizabeth Denman in 1798; (5) Jennie Denman 1800; (6) Luther Denman 1804; (7) William Parsill Denman1806.
After the death of Catherine in 1774, Joseph married again. Joseph married in 1778 to (2) Sarah Woodruff, the sister of his brother Philip's second wife, Abigail Woodruff. Sarah (Woodruff) Denman died in about ten months leaving no child. After her death, Joseph married to (3) unknown widow, there were no children by this third wife. Joseph married (4) Sarah Woolley, sister of Col. Abram Woolley. Joseph and (4) Sarah had no children.
2. Mary Denman (circa 1735 - ????) married 22 Oct 1758 in New Jersey to Daniel Pierson and had a daughter, Abigail Mary, who married a Scotchman named William Drennan, and had a daughter Mary, born in 1814, who married Lowell Fletcher of Boston, and had nine children. This whole family moved to Cincinnati, where Mr. Drennan died in. 1832, and where there are some of their descendants still living. a. Abigail Mary Pierson married a Scotchman, William Drennan, and they had a daughter. (1) Mary Drennan (b 1814) married Lowell Fletcher of Boston, MA. They had nine children. Lowell and Mary moved to Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio with their entire family. Lowell Fletcher died in 1832.
3. Jacob Denman (1739-1777) married Hannah Hoel on 25 May 1773.
4. Abigail Denman (circa 1749-after 1778) married 4 June 1869 in Elizabethtown, Union Co., NJ to Nehemiah Woodruff.
5. Philip / Phillip Denman (1749-10 January 1825 Union Co., NJ) married 1771 to (1) Sarah Brookfield; married 5 Dec 1781 to (2) Abigail Woodruff.
6. Mathias Denman (13 Feb 1751-24 Jan 1841 Union Co., NJ; married 15 Dec 1770 NJ to Phebe Baldwin; married 1805 to Abigail Woodruff;
7. William Denman (1752-1819); married circa 1767 at Hanover, Morris Co., NJ to Prudence Bedford. William at Morrow, Ohio is buried there in the Wayne Baptist Cemetery,
8. Samuel Denman (1753-1782) married 9 Dec 1777 to Elizabeth Acan. Samuel Denman died at Litchfield, Litchfield Co., CT.
WikiTree profile Denman-55 created through the import of Godfrey non-living.ged on 14 Jun 2011 by Jim Godfrey.
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Joseph is 25 degrees from Vlad III of Wallachia, 16 degrees from John Carradine, 13 degrees from Lon Chaney, 19 degrees from Rutger Hauer, 19 degrees from Gloria Holden, 17 degrees from Christopher Lee, 19 degrees from Bela Lugosi, 18 degrees from Leslie Nielsen, 18 degrees from David Niven and 19 degrees from Margaret Allison on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.