- Eadnoth (Denmark) of Denmark's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: European Aristocracy Unconnected Profiles.
"Alnod [Ealdnoth], staller, or horse thane, under King Edward the Confessor, and afterwards under King Harold and the Conqueror. Slain in the autumn of 1086 at the head of the men of Somerset, in an engagement with the sons of Harold when devasting the sea board of that shire, after their repulse at Bristol.
"William of Malmsbury in recording the death of Ealdnoth, the staller, adds that 'he was the father of Harding, who yet survives..."
- Detached parents Gyda Anundsdottir and Svend Estridsn due to lack of proof that those were his parents.
- Ulf Thorgilsson and Estrid Margarete Svensdottir have also been atached as parents as some point but there are no sources for this either.
- ↑ John Smyth, The Lives of the Berkeleys (1883), vol. 1, p. 26.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Lena Svensson Jan 27, 2017
- WikiTree profile Eadnoth-1 created through the import of Steele Family Tree.ged on Jun 7, 2011 by Jeff Steele. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Jeff and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Eadnoth by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Mark Chapman : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, FTDNA kit #236046
- Kenneth Harding : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-M269, Ysearch 9JZ6Z, FTDNA kit #469689
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Gordon Stewart, Jeffrey Steele, and Dakota Mehus. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 20 Jan 2016 at 23:50 GMT William Farrar III wrote:
On 10 Dec 2015 at 04:10 GMT Sheri (Petersen) Sturm wrote:
On 10 Dec 2015 at 03:33 GMT John Atkinson wrote:
On 2 Dec 2015 at 09:20 GMT Sheri (Petersen) Sturm wrote:
Eadnoth is 26 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 21 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 28 degrees from Ayn Rand, 28 degrees from Peter Roberts and 23 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.