- Isabel (Despenser) Beauchamp's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
NOTE - Isabel married TWO men named Richard Beauchamp, who were first cousins (both Earls - one of Worcester & one of Warwick).
See The Families of Two Richards below.
||Isabel (Despenser) Beauchamp is a member of royalty, nobility or aristocracy in the British Isles.|
Join: British Isles Royals and Aristocrats 742-1499 Project
Her parents were
- Thomas le Despenser, third son of Edward le Despenser and his wife Elizabeth (Burghersh), but first surviving son and heir, and
- Constance of York, daughter of Edmund of Langley, K.G., Duke of York (5th son of King Edward III of England), by Isabel, younger daughter and co-heiress of Pedro the Cruel, King of Castile and León.
Baroness Burgersh. Isabel married Richard Earl of Worcester, and then married his cousin, Richard Earl of Warwick. This causes some confusion.
She married her first husband in or before 1415 (their daughter was born September 16, 1415). He was created Earl of Worcester in February 1420/1 and killed at the Siege of Meaux in France in March 1421/2.
His widow, Isabel, Countess of Worcester, married his cousin, Richard Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick, on November 26, 1423 at Hanley Castle, Worcestershire.
His widow, Isabel, Countess of Warwick, died December 26 (or 27), 1439 at Friars Minoresses, London and was buried in Tewkesbury Abbey. She left a will proved February 4, 1439/40.
The Families of two Richards
- 1. Isabel le Despenser's first husband was Richard Beauchamp, Earl of Worcester, 2nd Lord Abergavenny. He died in 1422. They had one daughter, born September 16, 1415:
- 2. Isabel's second husband Richard Beauchamp, K.G., K.B., Earl of Warwick (and cousin to Isabel's first husband). The Earl of Warwick's first wife had been Elizabeth Berkley.
- Margaret Beauchamp m John Talbot
- Eleanor Beauchamp m Thomas Roos, Edmund Beaufort, K.G., & Walter Rokesley
- Elizabeth Beauchamp m (1) George Neville, Knight, 1st Lord Latimer; (2) Thomas Wake
- Henry Beauchamp, Duke of Warwick m. Cecille Neville
- Anne Beauchamp, 15th Countess Warwick
- Anne Beauchamp, 16th Countess Warwick, m. Richard Neville, K.G., Earl of Warwick, Earl of Salisbury
- Anne Neville (became Queen of England)
- ↑ she was born posthumously to Thomas le Despenser, who had been beheaded in January 1399/1400 (#MCA1)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Source: #MCA1, Richardson's Magna Carta Ancestry, p 146, #8. Richard Beauchamp, K.G., K.B., 13th Earl of Warwick, Lord Despenser and Lisle
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Source: #MCA1, Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry (2011)
- ↑ The Complete Peerage vol. IV, p. 282.
- ↑ A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire. Publisher Henry Colburn, 1839, retrieved 2014-06-15, amb
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Source: #MCA1, Richardson's Magna Carta Ancestry, p 149
- ↑ A general and heraldic dictionary of the peerages of England, Ireland, and Scotland. By John Burke, p. 34, published 1831.
- ↑ Burke, p. 387, published 1831
- ↑ perhaps this Cecily - Neville-589? (Richardson (#MCA1), p 149, showed wife's name as Cecily)
- "Royal Ancestry" Douglas Richardson, 2013, Vol. I. p. 319
- MCA1: Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, Royal Ancestry series, 2nd edition, 4 vols., ed. Kimball G. Everingham, (Salt Lake City, Utah: the author, 2011), pp 76-78 #9 Thomas le Despenser, K.G., 5th Lord le Despenser, Volume 1, page 166, BERGAVENNY 8.
- A Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire. Publisher Henry Colburn, 1839. Original from the University of California. Digitized Nov 10, 2010.
- Wikipedia entry for Isabel le Despenser, Countess of Worcester and Warwick
- Isabel le Despenser, "Our Royal, Titled, Noble, and Commoner Ancestors and Cousins" (website, compiled by Mr. Marlyn Lewis, Portland, OR; accessed July 22, 2015)
- Early English Text Society (1882) Original Series Vol. 78, Page 116-9: Her will, 1439.
- Click the Changes tab to see edits to this profile; from that list, click WikiTree IDs other than Despencer-42 to see changes to those profiles prior to being merged. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this profile. Special thanks to Michelle Brooks for straightening out the families of these two Richards.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Isabel's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson, Liz Shifflett, Michelle Brooks, Darlene Athey-Hill, Robin Wood, and Ted Williams. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 24 Apr 2015 at 16:47 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 24 Apr 2015 at 16:16 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote:
On 5 May 2013 at 21:52 GMT J Pictet wrote:
Isabel is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand, 20 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.