Categories: Clan Drummond.
Sir John Drummond
- 11th Thane of Lennox
- Chief of Clan Drummond
- Father: Sir Malcolm Drummond, 10th of Lennox.
- m. Mary Montifex. Issue:
- Anabella Drummond
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Katherine Patterson and Patton McHenry. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 3 Jan 2014 at 19:25 GMT Eugene Quigley wrote:
He is said to have married Mary Montefichet, the eldest daughter of Sir William Montefichet of Auchterarder and Oargill, and this seems probable, though there is no direct evidence. Also, as he apparently died before 1361, it is not improbable that Sir William Eraser is right in identifying him as the John Drummond of Concraig who married, about 1359, Margaret, Countess of Menteith, and who died before September 1361. There is no certain evidence, and, as already indicated, they may be different men, uncle and nephew.
John is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 22 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 23 degrees from David Selman and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.