- Joshua Dyer's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Date: 1 JAN 1865
- Place: Sullivan, Hancock, Me
- Note: Joshua Dyer d Jan 1 1865 82 son of Ephraim & Hanna Dyer, Sally Ames his wife also their infant d 1808 Betsey his second wife d Feb 23 1861 41, children of Joshua & Betsey: Edith B wife of James Small d in Cherryfield Feb 10 1831 31 Henry S Dyer d New Orleans LA Nov 28, 1852 Sarah A Dyer d May 8 1833 22 Asa Dyer d Virginia City NV Jan 11 1869 49 On smaller stones Catherine S b Dec 13 1815 d Jan 16 1892 Louisa J Pineo b Feb 19 1850 d May 1896 Others buried in the cenetery John Emery s/o Jason & Mary Ann Lord d June 28 1841 3-7-11 Jason Edmond s/o Jason & Mary Ann Lord d May 2 1841 11yr 25 d Charles Byron Pineo (name of 1st wife unk; md 2nd Mary Morrow) ch by 1st wife: John Pineo b ca 1838; Louisa Jane Pineo b 1840 d May 18 1896
- 1850 Census, Sullivan, Hancock County, Me., Roll 255, Page 244 (all b. Me.)
- "Joshuway" Dyer, 67, M, Farmer, Real Estate $2050
- Asa, 30, M, Ship Carpenter
- Catherine, 24, F
- ME,1860,434,Hanc,Sullivan,160-155 pg,H-019,Y,4,,
- died age 82 years [Ellsworth Herald]
- Sons Ephraim, Ebenezer & Asa went to California.
- Asa later went to Nevada where he died unmarried.
- REF: Dyer Genealogy by Ephraim Dyer;
- Joe Feeney-17 Charles St. Houlton ME, says Joshua & Sally (Ames) had Jotham S. Dyer.
- Ephraim Dyer Genealogy says Sally Ames died with her child !
- REF:(9.2D988d Bangor ME Public Library); MOCA.; Hancock Probate. [AWM]
- "United States Census, 1850," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M6JP-RL7 : accessed 25 May 2015), Joshuwoay Dyer, Sullivan, Hancock, Maine, United States; citing family 118, NARA microfilm publication M432 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- Ellsworth Herald, Index of Deaths & Marriages: Author: Mrs. Arthur Ward & Mrs. Shirley Rhodes: Note: NS130383: Source Media Type: Newspaper: Master Listing Source: Y
- Maine Historical & Genealogical Recorder, Vol. III, 1886: Publication: Maine & New Hampshire Settlers, 1600's-1900's (CD523): Note: NS195373: Source Media Type: Book: Master Listing Source: Y
- Vital Records of South Portland, Maine: Note: Source Media Type: Book: Master Listing Source: Y
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Joshua's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Joshua is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 29 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 19 degrees from Abby Glann, 19 degrees from Charles Schulz and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.