William Edwards was born on 2 September 1779 in Gorham, Maine. His parents were Richard Edwards and Hannah (Lothrop) Edwards.
He married Dorcas Merrill on 30 November 1803. They had twelve children:
1. Susan, born 27 Dec 1804; married George Anderson
2. Emeline, born 9 Feb 1806; married Ivory Wakefield
3. James H. R., born 13 Nov 1807; married Emeline McLellan
4. Betsey, born 16 Dec 1808; married William Mason
5. Dorcas M., born 28 Dec 1810; married Sylvester Fogg
6. Catherine, born 2 Mar 1813; married Peter Mosher
7. Charlotte, born 7 Feb 1815
8. Harriet, born 25 Nov 1817; married Tobias Littlefield
9. Hannah L., born 15 Aug 1819; married Daniel Cole
10. Margaret, born 2 Oct 1821
11. Mary Jane, born 7 Jul 1825; married A. Bachelder
12. Albion, born 29 Sep 1827
"William Edwards was a private in Capt. Toppan Robie's Co., Gen. James Irish's Brigade, which marched to the relief of Portland, War of 1812." No sources are cited. He is on the War of 1812 page pending more information.
Is William your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate or comment, or contact
the profile manager, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share some percentage of DNA with William: