Died in Gorham, Cumberland, Massachusetts, United States
Profile last modified
| Created 26 Sep 2009
This page has been accessed 641 times.
Eunice Elder was born on 29 November 1745 in Windham, Maine. Her parents were Samuel Elder and Mary (Huston) Elder.
She married Cary McLellan on 1 January 1767 in Gorham, Maine. They had ten children:
1. Mary, born 2 Aug 1767; married John Clemons
2. Eunice, born 13 Aug 1769; died young
3. Nancy, born 17 Mar 1772; died young
4. Nancy, born 13 Feb 1774; married Samuel Staples
5. Cary, born 16 Mar 1776
6. Eunice, born 16 Jun 1778; married Ai Staples
7. Alexander, born 28 Feb 1780; married 1st Chloe Davis, 2nd Belinda Donaldson
8. William, born 14 May 1782; married Mehitable Harmon
9. Samuel, born 12 Aug 1784; married 1st Sarah McLellan, 2nd Rebecca McLellan, 3rd Tabitha Flood
Eunice passed away on 18 August 1784 in Gorham and is buried in South Street Cemetery.
↑ "Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:2HV2-9JK : 17 October 2017), Carey Mclellan and Eunice Elder, Marriage 01 Jan 1767; citing Division of Vital Statistics, State Board of Health, Augusta; FHL microfilm 1,002,650.
↑ Dole, Samuel Thomas. Windham In The Past. Auburn, Maine: Merrill & Webber Company, 1916. Page 374. 
Burrage, Henry S. and Albert Roscoe Stubbs. The Genealogical and Family History of the State of Maine, Volume 3, published online by Google Books, 2006 ; original publisher: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., NY, 1909.