- Jane (Elliott) Washington's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Jane and William ---William had no flag for his troops before the Battle of Eutaw (during the American Revolution). Jane took her scissors and cut a piece from her red silk damask curtain and handed it to him, saying, "Let this be your flag." This flag, 24 by 26 inches, now known as the "Eutaw Flag".
The date of Jane Riley Elliott's marriage to Col. William Washington is documented in the South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine in an article titled "Records from the Elliott-Rowand Bible" appearing in volume 11, pages 57 to 71 in January 1910.
Historical Notes. The Grave of Col. William Washington, Henry A. M. Smith. The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine. Vol. 10, No. 4 (Oct., 1909) , pp. 245-248. Published by: South Carolina Historical Society. http://www.jstor.org/stable/27575251
William Washington (1752 - 1810), Contributed by Stephen E. Haller. http://home.golden.net/~marg/bansite/friends/washington.html
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Jane's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Jane is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 17 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 25 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 19 degrees from David Selman and 19 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.