When Sarah Elmer was born on August 11, 1760, in New Providence, New Jersey, her father, Jonathan, was 33 and her mother, Amy, was 36. She had two sons and three daughters with Abraham Morrell. She then married Thomas Lovell on December 17, 1796, in New Jersey. She had five brothers.
‘’’Volume 1, page 230:’’’ 24. Rev. Jonathan (4) ELMER (Dea. Jonathan (3), Samuel (2), Edward (1) ). Born, 4 JUN 1727, in Norwalk, CT (#2).
He married Amy GALE, 30 OCT 1749, in Orange Co, NY (#36). Born 21 AUG 1723, in Goshen, NY (#36). Children:
i. Jonathan (5) ELMER. Born, 15 JUL 1750, in Florida, Orange Co, NY (#36).
ii. Philemon ELMER. Born, 13 SEP 1752, in Florida, Orange Co, NY (#36).
iii. John ELMER. Born, 29 SEP 1754, in Florida, Orange Co, NY (#36).
iv. Moses Gale ELMER. Born, 26 SEP 1757, in Florida, Orange Co, NY (#36). Died, 31 May 1835 (#36). Served in Rev. War. He married Chloe MEEKER, daughter of Mathias MEEKER, 2 DEC 1792, in Morristown, NJ (#36).
v. Sarah ELMER. Born, 11 AUG 1760, in New Providence, NJ (#36).
vi. Nathan ELMER. Born, 5 NOV 1763, in New Providence, NJ (#36). He married Salley CRANE, 4 NOV 1792.
REV. JONATHAN ELMER was born in Norwalk, Conn. the 4th June, 1727. He married Amy Gale, near Goshen, Orange county, New York. He came to Turkey, and became the stated minister of the Presbyterian church and congregation the 1st of October, 1757, and was installed the 13th November, 1765, and continued the pastor till the 14th Oct. 1793, when he was dismissed, and was never afterwards settled. He died 5th June, 1807, aged 80 years ; his wife Amy, died 24th July, 1812, aged 94 years. They had children:
1. Jonathan, born 15th July, 1750, married, 29th May, 1776, Susannah Bedell, daughter of Benjamin ; had a son Philemon, and a daughter Hannah, baptized 30th May, 1784, and died young ; and he died 29th March, 1784, aged 34 years.
2. Philemon, born 13th Sept 1752, became a physician and a surgeon in the army of the Revolution. He married, 1st. 13th Nov. 1774, Mary Marsh, and lived in Westfield ; 2d, Catherine Slack ; 3d, the widow of Charles Clark, Esq.
3. John, born 29th Sept. 1751, and died 14th May, 1764.
4. Moses Gale, born 26th September, 1757; he became a physician, and married, 2d December, 1792, Chloe Meeker, daughter of Matthias Meeker, of Morristown ; he lived where John T. Willcox now lives; he died 31st May, 1835; his wife, Chloe, died 19th June, 1833, aged 60 years.
5. Sarah, born 11th August, 1760, and married, 4th April, 1779, Abraham Morrell, of Elizabethtown, who died 15th April, 1794, and she then married Thomas Lovell, merchant of New York.
6. Nathan, born 5th November, 1763, married, 4th Nov. 1792, Sarah Crane, daughter of Isaac.
Note.—The four first children were born at Florida, near Goshen, in ihe highlands of Orange county, N. York, and the two last in Turkey, or New Providence.
New Jersey State Archives, New Jersey, Published Archives Series, First Series. Trenton, New Jersey: John L Murphy Publishing Company.
Lovell, Thomas, of New York, and Sarah Morell, of E. Town .M.R. 1796 Dec. 17
Maternal relationship is confirmed by a 28.0cM match on Chromosome 3 between Sarah's fourth great granddaughter JMP and Sarah's first cousin five times removed Glenn Elmore GEDmatch M887692. MCRA Jonathan Elmer and Mary (Unknown) Elmer.
Maternal relationship is also confirmed with a 23andMe test match between Sarah's fourth great granddaughter JMP and Sarah's first cousin five times removed Glenn Elmore based on 0.36% DNA shared across 1 segment. MCRA Jonathan Elmer and Mary (Unknown) Elmer.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Sarah by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA.
However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line.
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Sarah: