When Ervin Oscar Elmore was born on February 28, 1813, in Nassau, New York, his father, William, was 43 and his mother, Eliza, was 36. He had three brothers and five sisters. He died on December 29, 1834, in his hometown, at the age of 21, and was buried there.
‘’’Page 308:’’’ DR. WILLIAM CURTIS ELMORE AND HIS DESCENDANTS
Dr. William Curtis Elmore, youngest son of David Elmore, and great-grandfather of William James Elmore on his father's side (see note V), m. Eliza Howard (who died September 4, 1863). They had issue (nine in all), as follows:
- Joseph Howard Elmore, b. Sand Lake, N.Y., February 4, 1796.
- Joseph Howard Elmore, 2d, b. Sand Lake, N.Y., February 10, 1798.
- David William Elmore, b. E. Nassau, N.Y., February 3, 1800.
- Eliza Elmina Elmore, b. Chatham, N.Y., April 5, 1802.
- Sophia Malvina Elmore, b. Canaan, N.Y., July 13, 1804.
- Abba Maria Elmore, b. Nassau, N.Y., June 11, 1807.
- Juliet Sophornia Elmore, b. Nassau, N.Y., October 29, 1810.
- Edwin Oscar Elmore, b. Nassau, N.Y., February 28, 1813.
- Angeline Amanda Elmore, b. Nassau, N.Y., September 28, 1815.
‘’’Page 311:’’’ 8. Edwin Oscar Elmore, fourth son of Dr. Wm. Curtis and Eliza Elmore, died at Nassau, N.Y., December 28, 1843; unmarried.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Ervin by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: