When Joseph Howard Elmore was born on February 4, 1796, in Sand Lake, New York, his father, William, was 26 and his mother, Eliza, was 19. He had three brothers and five sisters. He died as a child on August 14, 1797.
Page 308: DR. WILLIAM CURTIS ELMORE (fourth generation), youngest son of David Elmore, and great-grandfather of William James Elmore on his father's side (see note V), m. Eliza Howard (who died September 4, 1863). They had issue (nine in all), as follows:
- JOSEPH HOWARD ELMORE, b. Sand Lake, N.Y., February 4, 1796.
- JOSEPH HOWARD ELMORE, 2d, b. Sand Lake, N.Y., February 10, 1798.
- DAVID WILLIAM ELMORE, b. E. Nassau, N.Y., February 3, 1800.
- ELIZA ELMINA ELMORE, b. Chatham, N.Y., April 5, 1802.
- SOPHIA MALVINA ELMORE, b. Canaan, N.Y., July 13, 1804.
- ABBA MARIA ELMORE, b. Nassau, N.Y., June 11, 1807.
- JULIET SOPHORNIA ELMORE, b. Nassau, N.Y., October 29, 1810.
- EDWIN OSCAR ELMORE, b. Nassau, N.Y., February 28, 1813.
- ANGELINE AMANDA ELMORE, b. Nassau, N.Y., September 28, 1815.
1. JOSEPH HOWARD ELMORE, eldest son of Dr. William Curtis and Eliza Elmore, died in infancy, August 14, 1797.
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Joseph by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: