Profile last modified 20 Feb 2020
| Created 13 Jul 2018
This page has been accessed 738 times.
My family history website: http://www.garenewing.co.uk/family/index.html
- First-hand information. Entered by Garen Ewing at registration.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Garen's formal name
- full middle name (C.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
For access to Garen Ewing's full information you must be on Garen's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
Garen is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- My paternal grandmother's line - Clunie, Perthshire > Glasgow > Dundee.
- My surname and paternal line - Perthshire > Dysart, Fife > Kirkcaldy > Dundee.
- My Boswell, Sherriff and Hodgkins (Hodgkinson, Hoskins, etc.) lines have Gypsy/Romani origins and connections (mostly in the Midlands). Other surnames: Claydon/Clayton, Holland, Johnson, Butler ...
- My maternal grandfather's line - Marsden, Colne, Burnley, Lancashire
- My maternal grandmother's line - Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, Gypsy connections.
- My maternal grandfather's mother's line - Shropshire, Staffordshire, Durham, many siblings went to Australia
- I have resources and expertise in the Second Anglo-Afghan War 1878-80
Garen Ewing's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Garen or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Garen Ewing:
Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 838 markers, haplogroup R-FT16096, FTDNA kit #IN36114
Mitochondrial DNA test-takers in the direct maternal line:
- Garen Ewing:
Mitochondrial DNA Test, haplogroup J1b1
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Garen:
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.