- No birth/baptism found. Birth estimates include:
- abt 1784 (1851 census and headstone),
- abt 1787 (death cert. says 72 in 1859
- abt 1791 (1841 census, but as that's rounded down to nearest multiple of 5, could be 1786 to 1791) Henderson-2297 20:03, 21 September 2014 (EDT)
- Date: 19 Jan 1859
- Notes: Dist (Morebatttle) cert #2 reads: Walter Fairbairn, pauper formerly ag lab, married, died 10:30am at Morebattle, aged 72 (h/stone says 75), s/o Archibald Fairbairn ag lab, dec, ad Alison m.s. Crosser, dec; of natural causes, body seen by Henry ?Best? surgeon Kelso as certified by ??, bur. Morebattle Churchyard; Inf. Mary Fairbairn, dtr, present 
- Date: 1851
- Place: Morebattle, ROX, SCT
- Notes: FAIRBAIRN: Walter, 66 b Swinton, BEW, pauper, street cleaner; Agnes, 65 b ENG, pauper's wife; dtr Mary, 23 b Morebattle, emp. in house 
- Place: Morebattle, ROX, SCT
- Source S56 ScotlandsPeople statutory BDM certificiates
- Source S203 1851 Census transcripts via ancestry
- WikiTree profile Fairbairn-28 created through the import of HENDERSONLornaAncestorsPlus1Desc4WikiTree.ged on Oct 18, 2011 by L Henderson. See the Changes page for the details of edits by L and others.
- ↑ Source #S56Dth cert. 19 Jan 1859 Walter s/o Archibald FAIRBAIRN & Alison CROSSER, Morebattle, ROX , copy d/loaded
- ↑ Source#S203: Morebattle, ROX, Dist 811, entry #11, hsehold of Walter & Agnes FAIRBAIRN
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Walter by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Martin Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I1-Y7277, FTDNA kit #105175
- Doug Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test
- Anonymous Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I-Y7277, FTDNA kit #149873
- Roy Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I-M253
- D W Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I-M253
- Lorna Henderson : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T087062
- Martin Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T612592
- Doug Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T585783
- Anonymous Davidson : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T203183
- Anonymous Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T586440
- Living Anonymous : Family Tree DNA Family Finder
- Living Hursh : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T492422
- A Broomfield : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T231572
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Walter is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 28 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 26 degrees from David Selman and 25 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.