- John Fairbairn's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Name: John /Fairbairn/ 
- Data Changed:
- Date: 13 JUN 2012
- Prior to import, this record was last changed 13 JUN 2012 .
- Reference: 18108
- Place: Slade Rd, off Dry Brook Rd, nr Arkville, Delaware, NY, USA
- Note: John Jun 9, 1812 - Apr 3 1895; Jane H 1847-1925; Jarvis B 1846-1926
- Husband: John Fairbairn
- Wife: Elisabeth Miller
- Child: Walter E Fairbairn
- Child: Frank Miller Fairbairn
- Child: Jarvis Barrett Fairbairn
- Child: James E Fairbairn
- Child: John Francis Fairbairn
- Child: Nelson G Fairbairn
- Child: George G Fairbairn
- Child: William H Fairbairn
- Date: 13 JAN 1841
- Place: Bovina, Delaware Co, New York, USA
- Date: 03 OCT 1850
- Place: Shandaken, Ulster Co., New York, USA
- Note: FAIRBURN (might be FAIRBAIRN): John 38, Elizabeth 28, (assumed sons) Walter 9 all b Scotland; Francis 6, Jarvin 5, James 2 all b NY
- Date: 02 AUG 1860
- Place: Hardenburgh, Ulster Co, New York, USA
- Note: FAIRBURN: John 47 farmer 0 real estate/0 personal, b Scotland; Elisabeth 40 b Scotland; Assumed children: Jarvin B 14 birthplace unknown; James 11, John F 8, Nelson 6, George D all b NY
- Date: AUG 1870
- Place: Hardenbergh, Ulster Co, New York, USA
- Note: FARBIN (#29): John 50 farming 00/650 b Scotland; Betsey 45 b NY; Watson (hard pushed to turn the entry into Walter, but that's who it is) 26; Jarvin 24; James 22; Francis 19; George 14; Nelson 17; William 7 All b NY (living next door to Nelson's future wife and her parents). Then again, later in the same film as:
- FARBARN (#112): John 63 farming 800/400; (wife) Betsey 53; (Children): Jarvin (sic) 23, James 21, George 13, Willie 8 all b NY.
- How can we ever expect to get our ancestors' lives right! Both were enumerated in Aug, but as you can see, with wildly varying ages and wealth for John and Betsy, and with different sets of children, including once with son Nelson, once with Nelson on the next page with a Kelly family)
- Date: 1880
- Place: Hardenburgh, Ulster, New York, USA
- Note: FARBORN: John 68 wife Elyzabeth 60, both b Scotland; Children: Jarven (sic) 34, William H 17, George 23 all laborer b NY F/M b Scotland; James 30 F/M b Scotland, Mary 24 wife F/M b NY, both at home b NY; Rachel 5 dtr b NY F/M b NY; Francis 3, Nelson 1. (Near neighbour, son John Francis as Frank)
- WikiTree profile Fairbairn-39 created through the import of HENDERSONLornaAncestorsPlus1Desc4WikiTree.ged on Oct 18, 2011 by L Henderson. See the Changes page for the details of edits by L and others.
- Source: S1204 Title: EM FAIRBAIRN, John ex Ed S, Recipient: Lorna Henderson, Address: New York, USA Abbreviation: EM FAIRBAIRN, John ex Ed S Author: Edward STEWART (18124)
- Source: S2646 Title: Delaware County, NY Genealogy & History Site, Url: http://www.dcnyhistory.org/ Abbreviation: Delaware County, NY Genealogy & History Site Note: transcr. from heaps of assorted records, eg Original Marriage Record Index at Delaware County Clerk's Office, prepared by Laurie Kyle, Alan Malz and Joyce Riedinger, Book I Feb 1908 to Dec 1927 NB date is date of filing licence, not marriage CONT Obituaries ++
- Source: S2859 Title: Footnote, Url: http://www.footnote.com Abbreviation: Footnote
- Source: S808 Title: Census: USA, Record Type: Census images, Film: via Ancestry.com Abbreviation: Census: USA Repository: #R121
- Repository: R121 Name: Ancestry.com Address: Country: USA
- ↑ Source: #S1204 Page: Dth 1896 John s/o Walter FAIRBAIRN, rcvd Jan 1999
- ↑ Source: #S1204 Page: Jan 1999
- ↑ Source: #S2646 Page: Lake Hill Cemetery, FAIRBAIRN, David & family, extracted Oct 2007
- ↑ Source: #S1204 Page: Dth 1896 John s/o Walter FAIRBAIRN, rcvd Jan 1999
- ↑ Source: #S2646 Page: Lake Hill Cemetery, John, Jane H and Jarvis B FAIRBAIRN, extracted Oct 2007 Note:
- ↑ Source: #S1204 Page: Dth 3 Apr 1896 John FAIRBAIRN, Seager, Hardenburgh, Ulster Co, NY, from http://www.dcnyhistory.org/pdfs/tree-miller-james.pdf, extracted Apr 2009
- ↑ Source: #S2859 Page: Dth 3 Apr 1896 John FAIRBAIRN, mustered 4 Jan 1864, 80th NY Inf Coy, pension applic. 14 Apr 1880 #358496 (as invalid), from Civil War and Later Pension Index, extracted Jun 2011
- ↑ Source: #S2646 Page: Lake Hill Cemetery, John, Jane H and Jarvis B FAIRBAIRN, extracted Oct 2007
- ↑ Source: #S1204 Page: Marr. 13 Jan 1841 John FAIRBAIRN & Elisabeth MILLER, Bovina, NY, rcvd Jan 1999
- ↑ Source: #S808 Page: 1850 Shandaken, Ulster, New York; Roll M432_608 Pg 222; Image 448, hsehold of John & Elizabeth FAIRBURN, extracted Oct 2007
- ↑ Source: #S808 Page: 2 Aug 1860 Hardenburgh, Ulster, New York; Roll: M653_872; Page: 135; Image: 348, hsehold of John & Elizabeth FAIRBURN, extracted Sep 2008
- ↑ Source: #S808 Page: 1870 Hardenbergh, Ulster, New York; Roll M593_1105; Pg 107; Image 214; hsehold of John & Betsey FAIRBARN, extracted Oct 2007
- ↑ Source: #S808 Page: 1870 Hardenbergh, Ulster, New York; Roll: M593_1105; Pg: 103; Image: 205, hsehold of John and Bestey FARBIN, extracted Apr 2009
- ↑ Source: #S808 Page: 1880 Hardenbergh, Ulster, New York; Roll T9_939;FHL Film 1254939 Pg 94.2000; ED 121; Image 0191; hsehold of John & Elyzabeth FARBORN, extracted Oct 2007
Thank you to Lorna Henderson for creating WikiTree profile Fairbairn-532 through the import of FAIRBAIRNJohnMILLERNy4WikiTreeJul2013v3PlaceUpdated.ged on Jul 13, 2013. Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Lorna and others.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with John by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Martin Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I1-Y7277, FTDNA kit #105175
- Doug Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test
- Anonymous Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I-Y7277, FTDNA kit #149873
- Roy Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I-M253
- D W Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup I-M253
- Lorna Henderson : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T087062
- Martin Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T612592
- Doug Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T585783
- Anonymous Davidson : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T203183
- Anonymous Fairbairn : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T586440
- Living Hursh : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T492422
- A Broomfield : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T231572
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
John is 23 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 39 degrees from Charlotte Brontë, 25 degrees from Bob Keniston, 29 degrees from Ben Kingsley and 26 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.