- Martha (Fairbairn) Hay's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Arthur, William, Roy, and Kenneth are her sons, she died early of age so Robert Hay married her sister Isabel and she raised the boys and had her own children James, Myrtle and Velma 
- Date: 12 Apr 1877
- Place: Ottawa, Carleton Co., ONT
- Notes: cert shows Robert as 21, b Russell, ONT, resid Wakefield PQ, blacksmith, Presby, s/o Wm HAY and Margaret MILLAR; Martha Jane 19 born/resid Wakefield PQ, d/o Wm FAIRBAIRN & Martha Jane ROGERS, Wit: Wm FAIRBAIRN Wakefield and Elizabeth STEWART Masham; 
- Date: 1861
- Place: Wakefield, Quebec
- Notes: FAIRBURN (sic): William 69 farmer; wife Jane 71 both b SCT; Willam 30 farmer b U.C.; wife Martha Jane 25 b Ireland; William 7, Mary Anne 5, Martha Jane 3, James 1 (born 1860), all b L.C.; Ellen 37 "wife of John Fairn b SCT; Frances 13, William 11, Jane 9 all b L.C. All Presb. F.C. Living in a "tide? log" building, 3 families, 1 hse being built 
- ↑ Personal knowledge/research of Susan ROGERS
- ↑ Source #S3445: Marr. 12 Apr 1877 Martha Jane FAIRBAIRN & Robert HAY, FHL Film MS932_23, Carleton, ONT, extracted Jun 2008
- ↑ Source #S403: Ottawa, Quebec; Roll: C-1304, hsehold of William & Jane FAIRBURN, extracted Aug 2009
- Source S3445 Ontario, Canada marriages 1801-1928 images via Ancestry.com
- Source S403 1861 Census Canada - images via ancestry.com
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Martha by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Martha:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 26 Dec 2015 at 00:28 GMT Lorna Henderson wrote:
I'll do it, but basically you note the WikiTree ID of Martha (Fairbairn-630) and go into William's profile to edit his mother, or note William's ID and add him as a child or Martha and Robert (then remove him from Isabella)
On 25 Dec 2015 at 13:59 GMT Susan (Dobby) Rogers wrote:
On 14 Feb 2015 at 03:02 GMT Lorna Henderson wrote:
Do you think you could please change the privacy settings for the parents of Martha and Isabella HAY nee FAIRBAIRN so that we can merge them in to the existing family of William FAIRBAIRN (Fairbairn-653) and Martha ROGERS (Rogers-9398) Regards Lorna http://Fairbairn.LornaHen.com http://familytree.lornahen.com/spFAIRBAIRN.htm
Martha is 28 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 29 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 30 degrees from David Selman and 28 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.