- John Fairbairn's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: Wanted Fairbairn DNA.
John was born in 1777. John Fairbairn ... He passed away after 1823. 
- See also John in the Fairbairn One Name Study
- Date: 3 Jul 1777
- Place: Ulgham, Northumberland, England
- Notes: 
- Husband: John Fairbairn
- Wife: Mary Catchside
- Date: 1812
- Place: Stamfordham, Northumberland, England 
- Date: 1861
- Place: Horsley High Barns, Dist of Hexham, Northumberland, England
- Notes: FAIRBAIRN: John 83 wid. farmer 155 ac emp 4 labs 1 boy, b Ulgham, NBL; Children: William 48, John 46 both b Stamfordham; Ann 36 b Ovingham, NBL; Grdchildren (ARKLEY): Mary 11 b Newcastle All Saints; Sarah 10, Matthew 8 both b Newcastle St John; (John's dtr Mary married a John ARKLEY in 1845) Servants: Margaret HOGG 21 dairymaid b Ponteland (subsequently married John's son William); William NOBLE? NOBBE? 39 carter b Sebergham, CUL (John' sister Sarah next door) 
- ↑ Information as researched by Graham Baines, Saturday, January 31, 2015.
- ↑ Source #!1597 Bap. 3 Jul 1777 John s/o John FAIRBAIRN, Ulgham, NBL, batch P00433-1 film 0252488, 0252489, extracted Apr 2012
- ↑ Source #S2868 Marr. 1812 Mr John FAIRBAIRN to Miss CATCHSIDE, at Stamfordham, from Monthly magazine and British register, Volume 33, pg 291, publ. 1 Feb 1812, extracted Jul 2011
- ↑ Source #S204 Horsley High Barns, Sub Dist Bywell, Dist Hexham, NBL RG 9; Piece: 3857; Folio: 9; Page: 12; Sched 1, hsehold of John FAIRBAIRN, extracted Apr 2012
- Source S1597 Family Search England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975 index
- Source SS204 1861 Census for England - images via Ancestry.com
- Source S2868 Google Books: Monthly magazine and British register,
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 1 Feb 2015 at 11:55 GMT Lorna Henderson wrote:
You may find this link of interest http://fairbairn.lornahen.com/lineages/p66139.htm The FAIRBAIRN Surname DNA project would love to find a direct male line FAIRBAIRN for this line to see if they match any of those already in the project. Non FAIRBAIRN descendants need not feel left out, all dna test participants are welcome - try FamilyFinder instead. Who knows what connections we might find. Lorna
John is 27 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 27 degrees from Stephen Hopkins, 40 degrees from Ben Kingsley, 37 degrees from David Selman and 31 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.