- Elizabeth (Fairbairn) Wiggins's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Name: Elizabeth /Fairbairn/
- Date abt 1849
- Place: Lower Canada (Quebec)
- Notes - an inventive lady about her age. She appears with her parents as aged 5 in the 1851/2 census.
- 1861 shows her as 12 and 13 (two versions exist, one with father, t'other with parents)
- 1871 still consistent, 22, with parents
- 1881 is where the deception starts showing :) "aged 27" in hsehold of widowed father
- 1882 marriage she's still "27"
- 1911 census with husband 55 instead of 62
- 1918 Death "aged 68", so her past caught up with her again.Henderson-2297 22:30, 14 April 2015 (EDT)
- Canadian census images via ancestry.com
- Ontario marriage and death certificates via ancestry.com
- Fairbairn-726 was created by William Rielly through the import of rielly2015.GED on Apr 10, 2015.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Elizabeth by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Elizabeth:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 15 Apr 2015 at 01:58 GMT Lorna Henderson wrote:
Definitely two Elizabeths both related. This exercise solved a mystery for me. Elizabeth's 1882 marriage to Thomas WIGGINS is indexed in the Ontario marriages as HIGGINS, and I never could find her after 1882 in census data as a result. Looking at the image again it still looks like HIGGINS when comparing other Hs on the page! Also doesn't help that her 1918 death in Ottawa has her with the wrong father - given as John FAIRBAIRN instead of Archibald. Suggest I add another Elizabeth to George and Eleanor and we shift William JOHNSTON to that spouse, removing the one married to WIGGINS from George and Eleanor and she can then be added to Archibald and Eliza O'Hara instead
On 15 Apr 2015 at 01:26 GMT Lorna Henderson wrote:
Which leads me to believe there are two Elizabeths here, from different families If you need help untangling, just ask. Lorna http://Fairbairn.LornaHen.com
On 15 Apr 2015 at 00:55 GMT Lorna Henderson wrote:
The Elizabeth married to JOHNSON is the dtr of George and Eleanor (MULLEN) FAIRBAIRN and is with them in 1881 and 1891 as FAIRBAIRN 1911 census JOHNSTON: William 46 b May 1864 Irish, farmer; wife Elizabeth 42 b May 1868, Scotch; Children (Irish): Albrick (Alderick on ancestry) 18 b Sep 1892, school teaching; Viola 16 b Oct 1894; Rebeca 14 b Nov 1896; Frank 9 b Oct 1901; All Canadian, Methodist, b QUE
Elizabeth is 28 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 36 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 26 degrees from Abby Glann, 32 degrees from Charles Schulz and 29 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.