- Walter Fairbairn's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import. It's a rough draft and needs to be edited.
- Date: 31 DEC 1899
- Place: ?Bonjedward, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Note: died 31 Dec 1899, a retired coachman, had been married to Mary SCOTT, s/o Alexander FAIRBAIRN, farm serv and Margaret WATSON
- Reference: 15733
- Date: 07 AUG 1839
- Place: St Boswells, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Occupation: coachman & dom. serv
- Date: 1881
- Place: Southdean, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Husband: Walter Fairbairn
- Wife: Mary Scott
- Date: 24 APR 1874
- Place: Roberton, Selkirkshire, Scotland
- Date: 1891
- Place: Bonjedward, Par. of Jedburgh, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Note: FAIRBAIRN: Walter 51 coachman/dom. serv. b St Boswells, ROX; wife Mary 46 b Roberton, ROX; Children: Isabella 16 , Margaret 14 both b Southdean; Alexander 12, William 9 both scholars b Southdean, ROX; Catherine 6 scholar b Crailing, ROX
- Husband: Alexander Fairbairn
- Wife: Margaret Watson
- Child: Alexander Fairbairn
- Child: Catherine Fairbairn
- Child: Walter Fairbairn
- Date: 1841
- Place: Hendersyde, Par. of Ednam, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Note: FAIRBAIRN (all b ROX): Alexander, 25, ag lab; Margret (sic) 25; Alexander 6; Catrine (sic) 4; Walter 2. Also Joann WATSON, 15, fem. serv, b ROX
- Date: 1851
- Place: Burnside, Melrose, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Note: FAIRBAIRN: Alexander head 37 ag lab b Earlston BEW; wife Margaret 47 b Kelso, ROX; Servant Barbara LAIDLAW ag lab or bondager b Maxton
- Date: 1861
- Place: Linton, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Note: FAIRBAIRN: Alexander head 47 ploughman b Gordon BEW; wife Margaret 55 b Kelso, ROX; Son Alexander 26 ploughman b Smailholm, ROX; Dtr Catherine 22 ag lab b Morebattle, ROX
- Date: 1871
- Place: Sharplaw, Par. of Jedburgh, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Note: FAIRBAIRN: Alexander 57 ag lab b Earlston BEW; wife Margaret 64 b Kelso, ROX;
- ↑ Fairbairn-759 was created by Lorna Henderson through the import of FBJamesLINDSAYAgnes4WTJun2015.ged on Jun 16, 2015. This comment and citation can be deleted after the biography has been edited and primary sources are included.
- ↑ Source: #S927
- ↑ Source: #S1771 Page: May 2002 ex 1851 cens.
- ↑ Source: #S333 Page: Dth 1899 Walter FAIRBAIRN, checked by Alastair C Mar 2003
- ↑ Source: #S620
- ↑ Source: #S802 Page: Eckford, ROX Scotland Par. 787A ED 1 Pg 6 Sched 35, hsehold of Charles A CUNNINGHAM, extracted Dec 2006
- ↑ Source: #S1044 Page: 1861 Census: Grahamslaw, Eckford, 787/A 001/A 006 sched 35, hsehold of Charles A CUNNINGHAM, copy rcvd Apr 2009
- ↑ Source: #S210
- ↑ Source: #S888
- ↑ Source: #S927 Page: 1891 census extracts, rcvd May 2002
- ↑ Source: #S805 Page: Bonjedward, Jedburgh, ROX Reg. 792 ED 15 Pg 6 Sched 24, hsehold of Walter & Mary FAIRBAIRN, extracted Nov 2009
- ↑ Source: #S888 Page: Marr. 28 Feb 1834 Alexander FAIRBAIRN & Margaret WATSON, Mertoun, BEW
- ↑ Source: #S55 Page: Marr. 28 Feb 1834 Alexander FAIRBAIRN (Mertoun) & Margaret WATSON (Earlston), Mertoun, BEW 751/00 0020 0073, copy rcvd, from Harry, Sep 2012
- ↑ Source: #S1610 Page: 1841 Ednam Dist 788 EnumDist 1 Folio 1 page 1, rechecked Apr 2004
- ↑ Source: #S801 Page: Burnside, Melrose ROX Par 798 ED 2 Pg 4 Sched 4 hsehold of Alexander & Margaret FAIRBAIRN, rechecked Jan 2007
- ↑ Source: #S802 Page: Linton ROX Par 796 ED 2 Pg 5 Sched 21 hsehold of Alexander & Margaret FAIRBAIRN, extracted Jan 2007
- ↑ Source: #S803 Page: Jedburgh, ROX Par 792/2 ED 4 Pg 18 Sched 82 hsehold of Alexander & Margaret FAIRBAIRN, extracted Dec 2007
- Source: S1044 Title: Borders Corres. between H D W (MLN) & LornaHen (NZ)
- Source: S1771 Title: Corres. re FAIRBAIRN/COCKBURN ex Susan McL (Edin.) and LornaHen (NZ)
- Source: S210 Title: 1881 Census transcripts, UK via Family Search/LDS CDs Repository: #R21
- Repository: R21 Name: LDS library
- Source: S333 Title: BDMs, Scotland death indices, & researcher extracts, from GRO, SCT
- Source: S620 Title: OPR INDEX: Roxburghshire, Scotland; New Register House, Edinburgh: Births marriages Parish Register index
- Source: S802 Title: Census: 1861 Ancestry (images for England, transcriptions for Scotland) via Ancestry.com Repository: #R121
- Repository: R121 Name: Ancestry.com
- Source: S927 Title: Corres, re Walter FAIRBAIRN/SCOTT between J BRAIDWOOD and LornaHen (1996)
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Walter by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Walter is 25 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 35 degrees from Ole Evinrude, 25 degrees from Abby Glann, 29 degrees from Charles Schulz and 22 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.