Elliot marries to Mary Hobkirk on May 4, 1855 at Morebattle, Roxburgh, Scotland, the certificate showing Elliot "paternity unknown", mother Isabella FAIRBAIRN, presently Bookly's;. Mary is the daughter of Robert Hobkirk and Mary Patterson. Elliott and Mary emmigrate to Canada in 1855.
Mary dies in 1897 and is buried in McTaggert's Cemetery in Hensall, Usborne Township. Elliot dies on February 23, 1909 at Tuckersmith, Huron County, Ontario is buried next to his wife Mary.
Children of Elliott Fairbairn and Mary Hobkirk are:
1. Mary Fairbairn was born on April 15, 1856 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario, Canada. Mary weds to Roger Pepper. Roger is the son of John Pepper and Elizabeth Landers. Mary died on June 15, 1921 at Clinton, Huron, Ontario.
2. Robert Fairbairn was born in about 1858 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Robert marries to Sarah Lamour. In 1906 they are listed on the Census at Lisgard, Manitoba.
3. Isabella Fairbairn was born on November 19, 1859 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Isabella marries to Alexander Buchanan on November 12, 1884 at Hensall, Huron, Ontario. Alexander Buchanan Jr. was born on December 15, 1840 at Calacadu, Perth, Scotland. Alexander is the son of Alexander Buchanan and Margaret Moir.
4. Elliot Fairbairn Jr. was born in about 1862 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Elliot marries second to Alice (Welsh) MacArthur on May 28, 1912 at Hensall, Huron, Ontario. Alice is the daughter of Richard Welsh and Mary Jane Scott.
5. Janet "Jessie" Fairbairn was born in about 1863 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Jessie marries to Edwin McTaggart on December 31, 1885 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Edwin McTaggart is the son of Alfred McTaggart and Sarah Bowerman.
6. Agnes Ellen Fairbairn was born in about 1865 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Agnes marries to James Mair on May 14, 1884 at London, Middlesex, Ontario. John was born in about 1862 in Ontario. He is the son of Andrew and Margaret Mair.
7. George Fairbairn was born in about 1867 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. George marries on November 23, 1892 at Hibbert, Perth, Ontario to Agnes Simmons, daughter of Jonas Simmons and Hannah Wilcox. George marries second to Mabel Martha Simmons on December 7, 1904 at Usborne, Ontario. Mabel is the daughter of Jonas Simmons and Hannah Wilcox. George dies on October 19, 1933 at Hay, Ontario.
8. Helen Fairbairn was born in about 1868 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Helen marries to Edward Walters on November 6, 1889 at Tuckersmith, Ontario. Edward is the son of Frances and Sarah Walters. Helen marries second to Robert Dalrymple on July 4, 1923 at Goderich, Huron, Ontario. Robert is the son of Robert Dalrymple and Mary Bell.
9. Margaret "Maggie" Fairbairn was born on November 24, 1870 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Margaret marries to James Alexander Bell on October 2, 1891 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. James is the son of William Bell and Jennet Paterson. Margaret dies on January 12, 1937 at Clinton, Huron, Ontario.
10. Betsey Jane Fairbairn was born on August 21, 1872 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario.
11. John Fairbairn was born was born on January 4, 1874 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. John marries to Minnie Driver on September 29, 1896 at Exeter, Huron, Ontario. Minnie was born in about 1873 in Ontario. She is the daughter of John and Isabella Drover.
12. Walter Patterson Fairbairn was born December 23, 1876 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. Walter marries on February 24, 1903 at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario to Mary Ellen Robertson. Mary Ellen is the daughter of Thomas Robertson and Anne McGregor.
13. William Fairbairn was born on April 13, 1878 at Wingham, Huron, Ontario. William died on February 1, 1907 from "Brights Disease" at Tuckersmith, Huron, Ontario. He was 28.
"Scotland Marriages 1561-1910 - Transcription" First name(s) Elliot Last name Fairbairn Marriage year 1855 Marriage date 04 May 1855 Marriage place Morebattle,Roxburgh,Scotland Spouse's first name(s) Mary Spouse's last name Hobkirk Place Morebattle County Roxburghshire Country Scotland.
Burial: McTaggart's Cemetery 17 Line , Hensall, Usborne Township (Concession 6, Lot 30) Huron County, Ontario
"Ontario Deaths and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947" Name Elliot Fairbairn Event Type Death Event Date 23 Feb 1909 Event Place Tudersmith, Huron, Ontario Gender Male Age 78 Birthplace Scotland Birth Year (Estimated) 1831
"1841 England, Wales & Scotland Census - Transcription" Hadden, Sprouston, Roxburghshire, Scotland
Household Members: First name(s) Last name Gender Age Birth year Birth place
Isabella Fairbairn Female 35 1806 Roxburghshire, Scotland
John Fairbairn Male 20 1821 Roxburghshire, Scotland
Margret Fairbairn Female 15 1826 Roxburghshire, Scotland
Elliott Fairbairn Male 10 1831 Roxburghshire, Scotland
Isabella Fairbairn Female 4 1837 Roxburghshire, Scotland
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
On 3 Apr 2018 at 13:32 GMT Lorna Henderson wrote:
John went on to marry Catherine Millar. Isabella went on to marry William Bookless and dying in 1882 in Roxburghshire, Scotland http://fairbairn.lornahen.com/p15552.htm
Elliot is 22 degrees from George Bush, 24 degrees from Rick San Soucie and 18 degrees from Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.