- John Fairbairn's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
- Thank you to cmys16677 on ancestry for getting in touch about John and his family.
- We now have another son in the family of Jessie & Bridget FAIRBAIRN.
- Perhaps we may finally find a Y-dna candidate for the line of John & Jane (WADDELL) FAIRBAIRN to determine where they "fit" amongst the Borders FAIRBAIRN families?
- Date: abt Oct 1865
- Place: St John's Newfoundland, CAN 
- Dates: 6 Aug 1884 to 5 Aug 1896
- Notes: "Home" 6 Aug 1884 to 5 Aug 1896, 12 yrs, nok father Jesse FAIRBAIRN, Clarence Hotel, Sheffield, York.
- Medical exam 6 Aug 1884 Bradford: 19 yr 10 mths, 5' 6 3/4", 139 lbs, fair complexion, blue eyes, red hair, C of E, tattoo marks of cross on right forearm & anchor & name in full on left forearm
- Enlisted 3rd Hussars #2185 on 9th Aug 1884, joined at Hounslow. Born St John's Canada, occ. clerk
- Date: 18 Dec 1887
- Place: St Philips, Par. of Litherland, Lancashire
- Note: cert. shows John as 22 soldier, s/o Jesse FAIRBAIRN, pensioner; Jane 21, d/o James PARKINSON, labourer; both resid. 32 Holmes Lane, both signed; Wit: Samuel SOUTHWARD, Margaret READY 
- Date: 1891
- Place: Litherland, Lancashire
- Notes: PARKINSON: James 48 ag lab b. Litherland, LAN; wife Alice 48 b. Birkenhead, CHS; Children: James 22, William 18, Thomas 16 all ag labs b. ??, LAN; John 11, Harry 7, Margaret 2, all b. ??, LAN; Son-in-law FAIRBAIRN: John 22 b. CAN; dtr (FAIRBAIRN) Jane 4 b. Tranmere, CHS; Jessie 2 b. Cahir, IRL; Harry 1 b. Bradford, Yorkshire; 
- Date: 1901
- Place: Litherland, Lancashire
- Notes: FAIRBAIRN: John 34 insurance agent b. CAN; wife Jane 34 b. Tranmere, CHS; Children: Jessie 12 b. IRL; Henry 11 b. Bradford, Yorkshire; Ellen 9 b. Seaforth, LAN; Alice 7 b. Bradford, YKS; Mabel 4, Ada 11/12 both b. Seaforth; Father-in-law: PARKINSON: Jas 58 wid. farm lab b. Litherland, LAN; Bros-in-law (PARKINSON): James 30, Thomas 26 both bricklayers; Henry 16 tanners lab., Sis-in-law: Margaret 12, all b. Litherland, LAN 
- ↑ Source #S1: John, aged 19 yrs 10 mths Next of kin father Jesse FAIRBAIRN, Clarence Hotel, Sheffield, when enlisted 6 Aug 1884
- ↑ Marr. cert. John s/o Jesse FAIRBAIRN; Jane d/o James PARKINSON, copy d/loaded from ancestry tree of cmys16677, Jan 2016
- ↑ Source #S2: Litherland, LAN, RG12/2984 4 Pg 38 Sched. 247, hsehold of James & Alice PARKINSON, extracted Jan 2016
- ↑ Source #S2: Litherland, West Derby, LAN, RG13; Piece: 3449; Folio: 90; Page: 26 Sched. 148, hsehold of John & Jane FAIRBIARN, extracted Jan 2016
- Source S1 Military record 1884 - 1896 John s/o Jesse FAIRBAIRN
- Source S2 Census images for England via Ancestry.com
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with John by comparing test results with other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with John:
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.