- John Fairbairn's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Died 27 Jun 1863 Smailholm, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- married, farmer, 77, s/o John FAIRBAIRN & Helen m.s. ATCHINSON, cod ?lochurea"? 10 days, inf widow Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN, present, reg Jul 2nd Smailholm 
Married 1: 23 Dec 1808 Gordon, Berwickshire, Scotland
- Husband: John Fairbairn
- Wife: Janet Henderson 
- Margaret Fairbairn (1816-1888) 
- William Fairbairn (1817-1876) 
Married 2: 23 Dec 1856 Lauder, Berwickshire, Scotland
- Husband: John Fairbairn
- Wife: Elizabeth Jaffrey
- cert. shows John as 68, farmer, widower, of Yarlside, s/o John FAIRBAIRN ag lab dec'd and Helen m.s. AITCHISON (the dec'd is written between the Helen and AITCHISON so may apply only to John or to Helen?); Elizabeth (JAFFREY) as 19 resid Yarlside, hse servant d/o John JEFFREY blacksmtih and Janet JAFFREY (sic) m.s. Wyte?, again dec'd written between Janet and JEFFREY, so may apply to both or either); Marr. after banns, est. Ch, Wit: James HENDERSON & James JEFFREY
1841 Yarlside, Earlston, Berwickshire, Scotland
- FAIRBAIRN: John, farmer, Janet assumed to be wife, both 50. Assumed children: Helen, ag fem lab, 15; Andrew ag lab, 15; Jessie 12, Robert 10, Anne 8; Same farm, next entry as separate "hsehold" John FAIRBAIRN 20 ag lab, William SHILLINGLAW 15 ag lab. All b Cty 
1851 Yarlside, Earlston, Berwickshire, Scotland
- FAIRBAIRN: John 63 farmer 219 ac 4 emp b Earlstoun, BEW; wife Janet 60 b Gordon, BEW; Children: Robert 19 ag lab son b Greenlaw, BEW; Ann 17 ag lab dtr b Earlstoun, BEW; Servant: More COCKBURN, 15 b Cranstoun, MLN; Next sched. Andrew 25 farm lab b Greenlaw; wife Janet 25 b Earstoun; Children: John 4, George 3, William 3 mths 
- FAIRBAIRN: John 74 retired farmer b Earlston BEW; wife Elizabeth 23 b Nenthorn, BEW; Brother in law (ancestry has mother in law) John JEFFREY 33 blacksmith jour b Nenthorn BEW 
- ↑ Source #S56: Dth 27 Jun 1863 John FAIRBAIRN, reg. Smailholm ROX Dist 805 Pg 3 #7
- ↑ Source #S56: Dth 5 Oct 1870 Andrew FAIRBAIRN, reg. Earlston, BEW Dist 736 Pg 9 #27
- ↑ Source #S56: Dth 3 Jul 1888 Margaret LANDELS nee FAIRBAIRN, reg. Mertoun, BEW Dist 751 pg 2 #5
- ↑ Source #S1597: Birth 27 May Bap. 18 Jun 1817 William s/o John FAIRBAIRN & Janet HENDERSON, Earlston, BEW, from batch C11736-2 film 1067895
- ↑ Source #S56: Marr. 23 Dec 1856 John FAIRBAIRN & Elizabeth JAFFREY, Lauder, BEW Dist 748 Pg 6 #12
- ↑ Source #S820: 1841 census: Yarlside, Earlston, BEW 736/00 003/00 pg 20 Farm of John & Janet FAIRBAIRN, copy held
- ↑ Source #S203: Earlston, BEW Par 736 ED 2 Pg 26 Sched 88, hsehold of John & Janet FAIRBAIRN
- ↑ Source #S205: Smailholm, ROX Reg 805 ED 2 Pg 6 Sched 35, hsehold of John & Elizabeth FAIRBAIRN
- Source S820: ScotlandsPeople census images
- Source S203: 1851 Census for Scotland - transcriptions via Ancestry.com
- Source S205: 1861 Census for Scotland - transcriptions via Ancestry.com
- Source S56: ScotlandsPeople Statutory BDM certificates 1855+
- Source S1597: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of John's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests and no close relatives have taken a 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.