- James J. Fern's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This biography is a rough draft. It was auto-generated by a GEDCOM import and needs to be edited.
- Date: 1819
- Place: England
- Date: 19 DEC 1886
- Place: Kapaau, Kohala, Hawaii, K.H.
- Note: #N1254
- User ID: B015D4CD477B45EFB96E50B2FC3E74AFE257
- Data Changed:
- Date: 25 JUN 2011
Prior to import, this record was last changed 25 JUN 2011.
- Husband: James J. Fern
- Wife: Kaipua Kaipo Luahoomae
- Date: 1843
- Place: Hawaii
- User ID: 9DF5B258EEFDC640AEF76E525ACFC4220140
- Child: William Fern
- Child: Robert Fern
- Child: Caroline Kamakee Fern
- Child: Mary Ann Fern
- Child: Kealalaina Fern
- Child: Elizaberth Keohokaleleonalani Fern
- Child: Henry Lipine Fern
- Child: James Joseph Keliikoliola Fern
- Child: Maria Kalola Fern
- Child: John James Lipine Moeone Fern
- Child: Kamana Fern
- Child: George James Fern
- Child: Joseph James Fern
- Child: Isabella Mauaokahele Maumau Fern
- WikiTree profile Fern-23 created through the import of canotree.ged on Jul 21, 2011 by Charles Ano. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Charles and others.
- Source: S2 Type: Web Site Title: Familysearch.org URL: http://www.familysearch.org Source Locality: Internet
- Note N1254
- Possibly came to Hawaii through whaling according to this query:
- Full Details for Query #7899
- View all queries posted by this Submitter
- Date Posted:
- FERN : MCKEEN : WILSON
- Query Text:
- I am trying to research my families genealogy. The family name is the FERN family. My family is from Hawaii, however the first FERN to come to Hawaii originated somewhere in the mainland. We have currently a list of 13 children that were born in Kula, Maui; Hana, Maui; and Kohala, Hawaii; however the family stops there. According to what I know the man who came to Hawaii came because he was a part of whaling. I am a descendent of one of his children Robert Fern.
- United States
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with James J. by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with James J.:
- Charles Ano : 23andMe, GEDMatch M005310 + AncestryDNA, GEDMatch M005310, Ancestry member anoano + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch M005310, FTDNA kit #N89171
- Chris Ano : 23andMe, GEDMatch M011015 + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch M011015, FTDNA kit #N8801
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
James J. is 22 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 19 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 28 degrees from Ayn Rand, 25 degrees from Peter Roberts and 24 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.