- Virgil Dean Fiscus, 88, of Loveland died Saturday, March 7, 2015 at McKee Medical Center Pathways Hospice Unit in Loveland, CO. Virg died peacefully with his family by his side, from complications due to surgery.
- Mr. Fiscus was born February 10, 1927 in Sterling, CO to Wilbur and Genevieve (Addington) Fiscus. He lived in New Raymer, CO until 1934. Virgil moved with his family to the Grand Junction area where he lived until 1942. Another move took Virgil to Kearney, NE where he graduated high school in 1945. Virg was drafted for WWII and served in Europe until December, 1946. At the time of his discharge he held a staff sergeant ranking.
- Upon returning home from the war, Virg met Edna Mae Schadegg and they married August 3, 1948 in Sterling, CO. They raised their family of five children in Sterling until 1965 when they moved to Loveland. The family returned to Sterling in 1967 for a short time only to move back to Loveland in 1970 where they lived and eventually retired.
- Virg’s years of employment were spent as a sales person, primarily in the auto parts business in Sterling and Loveland where he was well known.
- Virg was a social and outgoing man who made many treasured friendships through the years. In his earlier years, he enjoyed fast-pitch softball, basketball, camping, hunting and fishing. He was a man of character who loved life, laughter and telling stories. He was a self-sacrificing man who always put his family first.
- Music was Virg’s passion and in his later years be became a member of the Rhythm Singers. He developed many close friendships with the group.
- Virg was a member of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church.
- Virg is survived by his children Ken (Joann) Fiscus , Pam Fiscus, Janet (George) Kloberdanz all of Sterling; and Mike (Becky) Fiscus, and Cheri (Ron Sorensen) Crawford all of Loveland. Grandchildren; Jodi (Kyle) Eastham, Jeremy (Kristen Henry) Fiscus, Chad (Jenn Beck) Kuntz, Shane (Kelly) Kuntz, Jason (Nicki Smith) Kloberdanz, Ryan (Jennifer) Kloberdanz, Staci (Brian Rhodes) Kloberdanz, Kirk Fiscus, Kole Fiscus and Kevin Crawford. Great grandchildren; Kyle Lee, Taylor Lee, Kylie Henry, Chloe Henry, Trey Kuntz, Bobby Kuntz, Braedon Kloberdanz, Peyton Kloberdanz, Brennen Welsh and Michael Rhodes.
- Virg was preceded in death by his wife of 56 years, Edna Fiscus; his parents, his sister Verna June Seeley and many in-laws.
- The family would like to express sincere appreciation to the staff at the Pathways Hospice Unit and other caregivers at McKee Medical Center.
- In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Pathways Hospice of Northern Colorado c/o Viegut Funeral Home 1616 N. Lincoln Ave. Loveland, CO 80538. Cremation has taken place. Friends may send condolences to the family at viegutfuneralhome.com.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.