|Duke of Grafton
|Earl of Euston
||Henry Fitzroy is a member of the royalty, nobility or aristocracy in the British Isles.|
Join: British Isles Royals and Aristocrats 1500-Present Project
Henry Fitzroy was born on 28 September 1663.He was the illegitimate son ofCharles II Stuart, King of Great Britain and Barbara Villiers, Duchess of Cleveland. He married Isabella Bennet, Countess of Arlington.Charles II arranged the marriage in 1672, when Henry was nine years old, Isabella,was only five years old.The marriage took place in 1679, when Henry was sixteen and Isabella twelve.
- He was invested as a Knight, Order of the Garter .
- He was created 1st Viscount Ipswich, Suffolk England on 16 August 1672, with a special remainder to his younger brother, George.
- He was created 1st Earl of Euston, Suffolk Englandon 16 August 1672, with a special remainder to his younger brother, George.
- He was created 1st Baron Sudbury of Sudbury, Suffolk England on 16 August 1672, with a special remainder to his younger brother, George.
- He was created 1st Duke of Grafton, co. Northampton Englandon 11 September 1675.
- He held the office of Vice-Admiral of England between 1682 and 1689.
- He held the office of Lord-Lieutenant of Suffolk between 1685 and 1689.
- He held the office of Lord High Constable on 23 April 1685.
- ↑ Familypedia - Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton (1663-1690)
- ↑ The Peerage - Henry Fitzroy, 1st Duke of Grafton
- ↑ Cracrifts Peerage.co.uk - Grafton, Duke of (E, 1675) Family name: FitzRoy
- ↑ Grafton-Regis.co.uk - 1st Duke of Grafton 1675-1690
- Encyclopedia Britannica.com - Henry Fitzroy, 1st duke of Grafton
- HereditaryTitles.com - Duke of Grafton
- BBC.co.uk - Your paintings
- Wikipedia Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Henry by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Robbin Stewart : Y-Chromosome Test, haplogroup R-L21
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 14 Mar 2015 at 13:35 GMT Eric Daly wrote:
Henry is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 35 degrees from Charlotte Brontë, 16 degrees from Bob Keniston, 16 degrees from Ben Kingsley and 11 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II Windsor on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.