- Samuel Fletcher's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Samuel was born in 1632, most likely in England. He is the son of Robert Fletcher. He settled in the part of Chelmsford which is now Westford. In 1679, Samuel Fletcher took up a piece of land on the west side of Great Tadmuck (twenty-six acres) the bounds of which were renewed in 1709. He subsequently made additions to his original grant until he owned about four hundred acres, extending to Sparks Hill and "Mackrill Cove" including the farm on which his grandson William settled about 1730. He was admitted freeman, March 21, 1690.
He married Margaret Hailston, on Oct. 14, 1659.According to E. H. Fletcher Samuel and Margaret had five children: Sarah, Samuel, Hannah, Lydia, and William. There is no mention of Sarah in the vital records of Chelmsford, while the births of other four are recorded.
Samuel died on Dec. 9, 1697, and his gravestone in the burying-ground in Middle Chelmsford reads :
- Found multiple versions of NAME. Using Sgt Samuel /Fletcher/.
- Birth year 1632 (calculated from grave marker)
- Perhaps in Chelmsford, Essex, England
- William3, (Samuel2, Robert1)
- Hannah3, b. Sept.14, 1666. [fg]
- Lydia3, b. Sept. 26, 1669 [fg] "
Samuel was born in 1632. Samuel Fletcher ... He passed away in 1697. 
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 E. H. Fletcher, The Descendants of Robert Fletcher of Concord Massachusetts, Rand, Avery & Co., Boston, 1881
- ↑ Early Vital Records of Massachusetts from 1600 to 1850, Chelmsford marriages, p. 231 http://ma-vitalrecords.org/MA/Middlesex/Chelmsford/Images/Chelmsford_M231.shtml
- ↑ Ibid, Chelmsford deaths, p. 389 http://ma-vitalrecords.org/MA/Middlesex/Chelmsford/Images/Chelmsford_D389.shtml
- ↑ Massachusetts Vital Record Project(online) Chelmsford deaths, p. 389
Thank you to Theresa Ellenwood for creating WikiTree profile Fletcher-2104 through the import of LucindaElizaBatesAncestors.ged on Mar 5, 2013.
Click to the Changes page for the details of edits by Theresa and others.
Click here for 
- Add sources here.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Samuel's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bill Meigs and David Fletcher. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 5 Nov 2014 at 23:26 GMT David Fletcher wrote:
Samuel is 13 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 14 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 22 degrees from Ayn Rand, 19 degrees from Peter Roberts and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.