- Brad Foley's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Born in Halifax, NS. Raised in Calgary AB until 1984. Lived in Shubenacadie, NS until 1998.
Graduated Hants East Rural High, 1993
Graduated Dalhousie University (BSc) 1998
Taught English in Yonago, Tottori, Japan 1998-2002
Graduated University of Queensland (PhD Zoology) 2008
Otherwise, I've lived in Melbourne, Brisbane, Davis California, and finally in Los Angeles doing research on the genetics of complex social behaviour in fruit flies (which is a lot more interesting than it sounds).
I got interested in tracing my family tree via genetics. After taking the 23andMe test, which was a bit of a disappointment, because my ancestry mix was a lot less interesting than I'd hoped, I decided to figure out who my ancestors actually were. I've managed to trace back to Acadian ancestry through my father's mother; and Mayflower, Loyalist, and Swiss German through his father. On my mother's side is a sprawling community of planters and fishermen, from around Newfoundland. It's a bit frustrating that most of the Newfie records fizzle out in the early 1800s, and if anyone wants to help work on the earlier Newfoundland records , that'd be swell.
- "Family Tree," database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org : modified 21 June 2015, 00:16), entry for Brad Foley(PID https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/4:1:LKSB-HCG); contributed by various users.
- First-hand information. Entered by Brad Foley at registration.
- Brad's formal name
- full middle name (R.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Brad is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Trying to organise Newfoundland and Nova Scotia profiles by county or district
- Mother's birth place
- Father's birth place
Brad Foley's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Brad or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Brad:
- Brad Foley: 23andMe, GEDMatch M154952
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Brad. (Best for comments to Brad that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Brad that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 7 Mar 2017 at 00:23 GMT Bobby Robichaud Jr wrote:
On 24 Jan 2017 at 23:41 GMT Bea (Timmerman) Wijma wrote:
Greets from the Netherlands,
On 5 Jan 2017 at 01:48 GMT Cynthia McGrath Ms. wrote:
Elizabeth Neal 19 spinster Ship's Head Father: Edward Neale, Fisherman 29 April 1884 at Harbour Grace Thomas Martin, Priscilla Pike
On 5 Jan 2017 at 00:35 GMT Cynthia McGrath Ms. wrote:
and she was an O'Neil.Religion was a reason for the O to be dropped. She is my Great Grandmother.
On 23 Dec 2016 at 17:09 GMT Thomas Spearns wrote:
On 27 Nov 2016 at 22:54 GMT Howard Hann wrote:
On 2 Oct 2016 at 16:15 GMT Kathy (Brannan) Wills wrote:
On 24 Sep 2016 at 11:35 GMT Mary (Arrowsmith) Taylor wrote:
On 8 Sep 2016 at 12:25 GMT Kyle Richardson wrote:
On 16 Jul 2016 at 09:00 GMT Chet Snow wrote: