MaryAnn Thomas formerly Ford aka McFarland, Nelson
[private daughter (1970s - unknown)],
[private daughter (1970s - unknown)],
[private son (1980s - unknown)] and
[private daughter (1980s - unknown)]
Profile last modified 6 Oct 2019
| Created 21 Apr 2019 | Last significant change: 6 Oct 2019
This page has been accessed 1,398 times.
Jackson county Kansas Research Assistance;
Sherman county Kansas Research Assistance;
Fremont county Colorado Research Assistance
I have a few resources for Sherman county (have lived there but not now) (marriages and cemeteries) and several resources for Jackson county. (marriages, cemeteries, obit extracts). I can do limited research in my local area. There are family files, cemetery records for some, and can take headstone pictures
MaryAnn (Ford) Thomas participated with Team Virginia during the 2019 Source-a-Thon, adding some sources to profiles.
MaryAnn (Ford) Thomas is a Military Veteran.
Served in the United States Army Feb 2, 1981-Feb. 3, 1987
MaryAnn (Ford) Thomas is a Project Member of the Military and War subproject War of 1812
MaryAnn (Ford) Thomas is participating with The Virginia Connectors during the 2019 Connect-a-Thon, and has added 48 profiles.
I was born 30 Jul 1952 in Colorado Springs El Paso Colorado. I was the first child of my parents' marriage. I have 2 full blood brothers, I also have 3 half-blood sisters from my father and 1 half-blood brother from my mother.
I have four children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I have 11 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren.
I am a veteran of the United States Army and was honorably discharged with a rank of PFC. My MOS was Patient Care Specialist. After basic training, advanced basic training, and on the job training, I earned the Distinguished Honor Graduate award, #1 of 101 in the class. I worked in the ER of Fort Carson CO hospital and was the NCOIC of Dermatology Clinic.
Occupation and Volunteer Work
I have done a wide range of volunteer service including 20 years as a researcher for the Local History Center, several years of taking photos of headstones, several years of hosting the Fremont County CO GenWeb page.
Hobbies and Interest
Religion and Spiritual Legacy
I am Roman Catholic and a Benedictine Oblate.
Later Life and Present
I am now retired and live with my husband of 36 years. I continue to work my genealogy, read, study courses online, planning to try to learn some musical instruments, learn to quilt, paint ...
Death, Burial, and Death Cause
- Paternal and maternal relationships are confirmed by a GEDmatch test match between [[Ford-12624|MaryAnn (Ford) Thomas|] GEDmatch TH3680336 and her brother David Ford GEDmatch KE2321789. Their most-recent common ancestors are their parents Everett Ford and Bessie Brown. Estimated number of generations to MRCA = 1.2, based on sharing 2654.8 cM across 46 segments.
- First-hand information. Entered by MaryAnn Ford at registration.
- Kansas State Historical Society; Topeka, Kansas; Collection Name: Population Schedules and Statistical Rolls: Counties (1953-1979); Reel Number: 43877_343793
- Kansas State Historical Society; Topeka, Kansas; Collection Name: Population Schedules and Statistical Rolls: Counties (1953-1979); Reel Number: 43877_343810
- Ancestry.com. U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
"To aid WikiTree in the administration of my account should I be incapacitated, or in the event of my death, I hereby give permission for all private profiles I'm managing to be transferred to anyone.
More Genealogy Tools
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- MaryAnn's formal name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- personal memories about MaryAnn (2)
- images (8)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
For access to MaryAnn Thomas's full information you must be on MaryAnn's Trusted List. Please login.
See the Contact section of the Tree & Tools
MaryAnn is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer
following these tags:
- Revolutionary War: Robert Jackson, Jr. , James Thompson, David Chatfield (KIA), Thomas Hicks, Hugh Jackson, Thomas Roberts, Justus David Hubble, Lt. Col. Comm. David Hubble, Peter Kinder, William and Valentine Crawford (all direct line)
- My ultimate goal in genealogy !
- Specifically in Findagrave
- I descend from King Henry VII, have multiple Magna Carta ancestors, and 4 Mayflower connections.
- This is one of my "favorite" lines to research.
- Want to prove my Gateway ancestor, John Throckmorton, Sr. Throckmorton-110
- My ggg-grandfather joseph M. Hill (Ohio) and my gg-grandfather George W. White (Arkansas) served in this war.
- I have a few ancestors in this category
- Abraham Lincoln and I come from a common ancestor William deGrandison. I also share ancestors with a lot of the other presidents.
- I will manage Nancy Ellen (Rounsavell) Brown Blue Profile, George Whitfield B. Rounsavell, and Richard Rounsavell d 1839 IN
- I have several Scottish ancestors.
- I love to research and that is what this is,
- I have multiple ancestral lines in the Southern states
- I believe I have many lines as Southern pioneers
- I have studying and reading a lot about the Civil War recently.
- Love US history
- A lot of family from here.
- I have 1 relative that served in 1812 tht I know of, Lt./Capt. Silas Chatfield
- Many family members from my paternal lines lived here.
- WWII: my father, my uncle William Wayne Ford, my uncle Robert Gene Ford (both Marines), my uncle James Paul Ford, Marines? POW Bataan .. special interest Holocaust
MaryAnn Thomas's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with MaryAnn or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA
It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with MaryAnn:
- MaryAnn (Ford) Thomas:
AncestryDNA, GEDmatch TH3680336 [compare], Ancestry member EmilyD1037 +
Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDmatch TH3680336 [compare], FTDNA kit #B504313
- David Ford :
AncestryDNA, GEDmatch KE2321789 [compare], Ancestry member david_ford25
Have you taken a DNA test? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Ancestry DNA.
Login to post a comment.