- Kerryn Forsyth's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
I am addicted to genealogy and love to blog about my family history and connect with cousins.
I have a Blogger and a Wordpress blog and a Weebly site.
All can be accessed from http://ancestorchaser.blogspot.com.au/
- First-hand information. Entered by Kerryn Forsyth at registration.
- Kerryn's formal name
- full middle name (J.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (3)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Kerryn is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- My great great grandfather emigrated to Australia from Saffron Walden, Essex, England about 1851
- Isabella Beaton, my 3 x great grandmother, daughter of William Beaton and Jane Dick, came to Australia from Edinburgh, Scotland in the 1840s
- Earliest ancestor found Ropsley, Lincolnshire, England. Many were Wheelwrights. My gg grandmother, Catherine Bird emigrated to New Zealand in 1863. DNA and paper trail confirmed descendants of Catherine.
- Jannet (Jessie) Farquhar m Robert Forsyth (my gg grandparents) migrated to New Zealand from Aberdeenshire, Scotland in 1847.
- Traced my Flemings back to Penninghame, Wigtownshire, Scotland. Andrew Fleming born abt 1810 married Ellen/Helen Douglas Finlay and migrated to Australia in 1848. Son William Finlay Fleming > Donald Fleming > Archibald William Finlay Fleming > Amelia Joan Fleming is my mother
- So far we have traced back to my 5 x great grandfather, James Forsyth who married Elizabeth Watson at Ellon, Aberdeenshire, Scotland in 1780. Many generations were Meal Millers. James' great grandson and wife emigrated to New Zealand where my great grandmother was born. Her son, my grandfather emigrated to Australia in mid 1930s
- Because of the unusual name of Handscum/Anscum used down through generations a researcher in England kindly obtained parish records for me back to my 6 x great grandparents Thomas Hart and Mary Handskum who married in 1791 at Hollywell-cum-Needingworth, Huntingdonshire, England
- Earliest known Hulme ancestors Daniel and Mary (nee Wood) in St. Pancras, England late 1700s. All of their 8 children emigrated to Australia mid 1800s
- From Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire, England 1700s. DNA confirmed match with Kellam descendant of earliest found ancestors Charles Kellam and Sarah.
- Inititally thought my Knight ancestors were from Gloucestershire (source - newspaper obituaries) but have recently been told more like from Trowbridge in Wiltshire.
- Earliest known ancestor Joseph Land and his wife Mary Bush in Norfolk England late 1700s. Most of their children emigrated to Australia.
- My 3rd great grandmother was Agnes/Ann/Nancy (apparently interchangeable) who married Alexander Morgan Armagh Ireland about 1825.
- Earliest known Mason ancestors lived at Fife, Scotland mid 1700s. Several descendants emigrated to Australia mid 1800s. DNA match also shows some descendants in Canada.
- Maternal Morgan ancestors from Wales UK to Australia mid 1800s. Paternal Morgan ancestors from Armagh, Ireland emigrated to Australia mid 1800s
- Musson from Stonesby, Leicestershire UK late 1700s. William Musson, my gg grandfather emigrated to New Zealand in 1861.
- 4th great grandparents Joseph Pike and Elizabeth Cartwright married in 1806 Co. Kildare, Ireland. Their son John emigrated to Australia in 1840.
Kerryn Forsyth's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Kerryn or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Kerryn:
- Kerryn Forsyth: Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T968257, FTDNA kit #532624
- Kerry Forsyth : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch T482446, FTDNA kit #573193
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Kerryn. (Best for comments to Kerryn that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Kerryn that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 29 May 2015 at 21:22 GMT Howard Stephen Lorimer wrote:
On 13 Aug 2014 at 14:10 GMT Chris Whitten wrote:
On 13 Aug 2014 at 10:29 GMT M. (Stewart) H. wrote:
in reference to your concern on your gedcom, contact firstname.lastname@example.org as she is our expert on them. Welcome to wikitree! Thanks, Mary
On 13 Aug 2014 at 10:00 GMT Terry Wright wrote:
You are now a Member of the WikiTree Community but please note we are trying to build one Collaborative Tree which means one profile per person so please look for duplicates before you add any Profiles to WikiTree
Everything on WikiTree is a Collaborative Work in Progress so dont forget to read and sign our Honor Code its what keeps WikiTree a Friendly and Helpful Community good luck with your search ~Terry :)
On 13 Aug 2014 at 09:59 GMT Kerryn Forsyth wrote:
On 12 Aug 2014 at 12:35 GMT M. (Stewart) H. wrote:
Feel free to message me if you have any questions! TIP: If your ancestor was born over two hundred years ago, there's a very good chance she/he already has a profile on wikitree. Before creating a new profile, use the "search function" up on top to see if your ancestor is already here.
On 12 Aug 2014 at 07:04 GMT Irene Dillon wrote:
To help you find your way, the help pages and search features can be accessed through the links on the upper right hand corner of almost any page. Feel free to post a question in the G2G Forum or on a relevant profile page.
If you would like to contribute to Wikitree, please click the Volunteer link to receive your ‘Volunteer’ badge, and post a comment here on your profile to tell us that you are interested in family history and wish to join us.
We will be very glad to welcome you to the WikiTree Community.