- Bartholomew Fortescue's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Date of death may require further research - previous duplicate profiles stated that he died in March 1556.
Father John Fortescue, Esq. b. c 1460, d. 2 Jun 1502
Mother Jacquetta St. Leger b. c 1460, d. bt 1535 - 1544
Bartholomew Fortescue was born circa 1490 at of Filleigh, Wear Gifford, Combe in Holbeton, & East Buckland, Devonshire, England. He married Ellen Moore, daughter of Maurice Moore, Esq. and Cecily Bonville, before 1513; They had 2 sons (Richard, Esq; & Lewis) & 5 daughters (Gertrude, wife of Barnard Drake; Mary, wife of Humphrey Yeo; Ellen, wife of William Canwell; Elizabeth, wife of Lewis Hatch, Gent., & of Geoffrey Tothill, Gent; & Anne, wife of John Raleigh). Bartholomew Fortescue died on 12 September 1557 at of Corscombe, Somersetshire, England.
- Ellen Moore b. c 1495
- Elizabeth, wife of Lewis Hatch, Gent., & of Geoffrey Tothill, Gent b. 1531, d. a 23 Apr 1587
- Gertrude, wife of Barnard Drake b. c 1538, d. 10 Feb 1601
- Richard, Esq
- Ellen, wife of William Canwell
- Anne, wife of John Raleigh
- Mary, wife of Humphrey Yeo
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 9.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 9-10.
- ↑ Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 513.
- The Peerage, Bartholomew Fortescue, M, #296682, b. circa 1486, d. 12 September 1557 
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Bartholomew's Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA have taken yDNA or mtDNA tests.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jason Clark and Danielle Ellis. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 28 Mar 2016 at 17:41 GMT Jason Clark wrote:
Bartholomew is 17 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 13 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 23 degrees from Ayn Rand, 21 degrees from Peter Roberts and 15 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.