- William Anderson Fowler's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Categories: US Southern Colonist.
||William Anderson Fowler settled in the Southern Colonies in North America prior to incorporation into the USA.|
Join: US Southern Colonies Project
- Descendants of Joseph Fowler, Sr. contains will and land grants
- Annals of the Fowler family, with branches in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, California, and Texas by Arthur, Glenn Dora Fowler (Mrs. J. J. Arthur), 1858, Published 1901
Capt. William Anderson Fowler was a REV War vet. The evidence that he was Susannah's father is as follows 1790 Wake Co. NC census William Fowler M0-16 1, M16+ 2, F 7, SLAVES 1
The Abstracts of Early Deeds of Wake Co., NC states that on 15 July 1800 Cader Baucom sold 120 acres of land to his brother, Lewis Baucom and that Claiborne Fowler was a witness to the transaction. ( Later info showed Claiborne to be 6 years older than Susannah.
THE HOUSE OF FOWLER, A HISTORY OF THE FOWLER FAMILIES OF THE SOUTH by Grover Parsons Fowler is a book available on line at Heritage Quest through almost all libraries. Claiborne Anderson Fowler is found in Chapter 19 as being the son of Capt. William Anderson Fowler. Capt. Fowler made a will, the date not stated, before he died in 1799. The book does NOTpresent a word for word version of the will, just some information. He names as heirs his wife Mary, his sons Claiborne Anderson, and William, plus three married daughters. But there were 7 females in Fowlers household in the 1790 census.
And the final evidence Willis Baucom, a son of Cader Baucom and Susannah Fowler, named his a son William Anderson Baucom. Jim Baucom email@example.com
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with William Anderson by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with William Anderson:
- Kristi (Myers) Hancock : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch M213313, Ancestry member Kristi_Hancock + 23andMe, GEDMatch M213313
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
William Anderson is 19 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 15 degrees from Abraham Lincoln, 25 degrees from Ayn Rand, 17 degrees from Peter Roberts and 16 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.