- Esther (Fowler) Collins's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
This person migrated to New England during the Puritan Great Migration (1620-1640).
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Puritan Great Migration Project!
Philip Fowler one of the founders of New England was probably born in Marlborough, Wiltshire, England about 1590. He embarked with his family in the Mary and John of London, Robert Sayres , master. When they were allowed to proceed on their voyage and arrived in New England in May, 1634. In 1659 30 August, Mary wife of Philip Fowler, and the mother of his children died. She was probably Mary Winsley or Winslow as she was sometimes called the ‘sister of Samuel Winsley.’ The children of Philip and Mary Winsley Fowler : Hester b. ___; m. Jathnell Bird.
Hester was born in England; married first Jathnell Bird. From the Town records of Ipswich, it appears that in 1639 there was Granted to George Varneham, three acres of that planting ground formerly Mr. Bradstreets, and the remainder of it to Jafnell Bird to be laid out by the lot layers and Mark Symonds; and 6 April 1641, Granted Jathnell Bird a little parcel of ground lying by Goodman Mussey's on the side of the hill not exceeding 2 acres. Hester was the Widow Bird the last day of the last month 1641, and entitled to commonage in Ipswich . No children of this marriage have been found. (p. 26)
Children of Philip and Mary Fowler were: Esther, married first Jothniel Bird and second Robert Collins. (p. 113)
Hester, dau. of Philip Fowler, m. 1st Jathanell Bird; 2nd Ezra Rolfe, 3rd. Robert Collins. (p. 162)
Ezra Rolfe was of Ipswich 1645-1652; m: Hester Fowler, widow of Jathnell Bird. He died about 1652; inventory of his estate presented Sept. 28, 1652. (p. 302-3)
Daniel b. ___; of Ipswich 1674; slain in the wars of the Naragansetts, at the battle of Narraganset Fort, Dec. 19, 1675.
Ezra, b. ___; m. March 2, 1675-6, Abigail Bond. (p. 303)
Robert Collins of Ipswich and Haverhill, married Hester Fowler, dau. of Philip, widow of Jathnell Bird and Ezra? Rolfe. The Haverhill record states that Robert Collins married the widow Esther Rolfe. He died there June 17, 1688. Ezra and Daniel Rolfe (Rofe) called Robert Collins ‘father’ in 1667. Daniel was killed in King Philip’s War probably Dec. 19, 1675 at the battle of Narragansett Fort; Ezra m. Abigail Bond. (p. 111)
- Source notes:
COLLINGS, Robert and Wid. Esther Rolf, [bef. 1688]. (p. 73)
Rolf (Rolfe), Ezra, and Abigaill Bond, Mar. 2, 1675-6. (p. 271)
COLLINGS (Collins), Robert, h. Esther, June 17, 1688. (p. 378)
Rolf (Rolfe), Ezra, h. Abigaill (Bond), Oct. 20, 1689. (p. 484) 
Elizabeth, d. Robert, Jan. 16, 1664. CTR (p. 100)
Hester, d. Robert, Apr. 18, 1658. CTR (p. 100)
Nathaniell, s. Robert, June 18, 1662. CTR (p. 100)
Robert, s. Robert, Mar. 15, 1659. CTR (P. 100)
Collings (Collins), Philip, s. Robert, Apr. 7, 1659. CTR (p. 530)
Collins (Collings), Hester, d. Robert, Jan. 19, 1662. CTR (p. 530)
- See also: Estate of Daniel Rolfe: (p. 57) 
- ↑ The Fowler Family: a Genealogical Memoir of the Descendants of Philip and Mary Fowler, of Ipswich, Mass: Ten Generations: 1590-1882 by Matthew Adams Stickney Salem Press, 1883
- ↑ Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County, Massachusetts: With a History of Worcester Society of Antiquity, Volume 3 by Ellery Bicknell Crane Lewis Pub., 1907
- ↑ The Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury, Massachusetts: With Some Related Families of Newbury, Haverhill, Ipswich, and Hampton, and of York County, Maine by David Webster Hoyt Genealogical Publishing Com, 2013 []
- ↑ Vital Records of Haverhill Massachusetts to the End of the Year 1849, Topsfield Historical Society, Topsfield, MA, 1911
- ↑ Vital Records of Ipswich Massachusetts to the End of the Year 1849, The Essex Institute, Salem, MA, 1910
- ↑ The Probate Records of Essex County, Massachusetts: 1675-1681, Essex Institute, Salem, MA, 1920
- ↑ Entered by Chris Hoyt, Feb 3, 2012
- WikiTree profile Fowler-964 created through the import of Ancestors of PBHowe.ged on Jun 6, 2011 by Buck Howe. * Source: S-2009482853 Repository: #R-2009482618 Title: Ancestry Family Trees Publication: Name: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.;* Repository: R-2009482618 Name: Ancestry.com Address: http://www.Ancestry.com
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
No known carriers of Esther's mitochondrial DNA have taken an mtDNA test.
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chris Hoyt and David Rentschler. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 29 May 2015 at 13:33 GMT Lydia Vierson wrote:
Information in Fowler-964 is more complete
Additional source https://archive.org/stream/cu31924025963772#page/n317/mode/2up
Esther is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 25 degrees from Bob Dylan, 20 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 17 degrees from Michael Phelps and 17 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.