- George Franklin's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Retired after 40+ years in the U.S.Navy and Defense Business. Served in the Navy from 1969 to 1973 as a Supply Corps Officer (Ltjg) with assignments in Vietnam and the Naval Ordnance Station, Louisville, KY.
After Leaving the Navy I went to LSU - Baton Rouge to complete an MBA Degree. Not long thereafter I Joined Martin Marietta Corporation in Orlando, Florida in 1978. Along the way it grew to become the present day Lockheed Martin Corporation. I was employed in U.S. Government Contract and Claims Negotiation, Management and Administration. I retired from the Missiles and Fire Control Division in 2012. 
- ↑ Entered by George Franklin, Mar 31, 2015
- George's formal name
- full middle name (H.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- private siblings' names
- spouse's name and marriage information
George Franklin's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with George or other carriers of his ancestors' Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- George Franklin: Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-M269, FTDNA kit #466782
- Johnny Franklin : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 67 markers, haplogroup R-CTS6919, FTDNA kit #31309
- Gary Franklin : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-CTS6919, FTDNA kit #377559
- Bill Franklin : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-M269, FTDNA kit #5741
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to George. (Best for comments to George that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about George that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 3 Jul 2015 at 20:12 GMT Keith Hathaway wrote:
I'd like to invite you to join in the "Weekend Chat" on G2G Today!
Share personal successes, stories about ancestors, tips, projects you are working on, or anything esle you wish.
New members stop in and say Hello, introduce yourself, share your story, or ask for help.
Pilots, Mentors, and Leaders of all kinds please add something... your advice is always greatly appreciated.
Hope to see you there!
On 14 Jun 2015 at 11:18 GMT Lisa Franklin RN, BSN wrote:
If you need any help give me a shout!
As a Franklin with an interest in genealogy, we'd also love to have you take a look at our Franklin DNA project and considering DNA testing and joining our project. We have one participant from your line so we know we are kin, but we could use validation on the Owen Franklin lineage, which is only possible with additional participants from his line. Thank you.
Our website is online at http://trackingyourroots.com/FranklinGenetics . If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
Lisa R. Franklin
Admin, Franklin Y DNA Project
On 19 Dec 2014 at 16:16 GMT Greg (Franklin) Faust wrote: